PDA

View Full Version : Bulb not attached

Goodbye
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
My Dwarf Lily plant has grown numerous lily pads and leaves. I happend to notice today that the bulb was no longer attached to the stems of the leaves and pads. The leaves and pads were rooted into the sand substrate and the bulb was sitting next to the plant, but not attached to anything

My questions are

1. Is this normal?

2. Will the bulb start to grow new leaves and pads?

Thanks,

Agass

DrNic
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
I think this is pretty normal, or at least it has happened to me as well. The bulb of the plant usually sends out shoot from which the leaves and roots will develop. Eventually the bulb itself will serve very little purpose in the tank and can be removed.

Goodbye
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I think this is pretty normal, or at least it has happened to me as well. The bulb of the plant usually sends out shoot from which the leaves and roots will develop. Eventually the bulb itself will serve very little purpose in the tank and can be removed.

Alright! Thanks!
In that case, I will remove the bulb.

DrNic
08-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Be careful removing it. If it's still connected just leave it there. I would only remove the bulbs one they had com off completely on their own.

Goodbye
08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Be careful removing it. If it's still connected just leave it there. I would only remove the bulbs one they had com off completely on their own.

It already came completly off on its own.