PDA

View Full Version : very neet crabs that you should internet search

aquatic lover
08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I was doing research on crabs on the internet and I happen to pass by the following species of crabs as I was picture searching: Cardisoma crab, Horseshoe crab, Coconut crab, Soldier crab, Rainbow crab, Blue crab, spider crab, and the Pea crab. These are very cool and neet crabs that you should picture search. :22:

Lilium
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
The Petland around here was selling a horseshoe crab once. I didn't expect to see one being sold. It kept trying to climb the wall and kept falling on its back.

DrNic
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I've seen horseshoe crabs at the beaches around new england where I live. I recently also saw one for sale at the pet store. First time I had see them for sale. Having seen how big they can get in the wild I have to wonder how they will do in a tank.

Wild Turkey
08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I live on the chesapeake so Ive handled blue crabs and horseshoes quite a bit.

Blues are an excellent meal, and in my state you can catch 2 dozen pppd without a license

sskkalessk
08-03-2009, 03:26 PM
I dont know how well a HorseShoe crab would do in a tank, around here on the beache some dead ones wash up somtimes, and they can get pretty big, If you got one i would say probably 100+gallons

Wild Turkey
08-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I dont know how well a HorseShoe crab would do in a tank, around here on the beache some dead ones wash up somtimes, and they can get pretty big, If you got one i would say probably 100+gallons

Males are something like a 3rd of the size of the females, the one you saw was probably female.

I think the problem is the substrate would need to be deep muddy for them to be happy

Northernguy
08-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Not even a link! lol:hmm3grin2orange:
I never thought I would find myself researching crabs but I 'll give it a try.lol

-Lp
08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Blues are an excellent meal..

Mmm..mmm, yes they are! We bought two dozen jumbos the past weekend, they were very heavy and had to be 8" ptp. We paired them with some barley juice for a true Chesapeake experience! :)

:threadjacked: Sorry, back on topic.