PDA

View Full Version : Community Tank Ideas

BridalWreath
08-02-2009, 04:27 AM
I have a 36gal thank that I am trying to find ideas for as well as fish that would go well together. So far, I have 5 GloFish, all of which are very happy. I planned on adding some Dwarf Neon Rainbows, Threadfin Rainbows, Rummynose Tetra and some sort of catfish, which will be a banjo or a smaller species of the bumblebee catfish. I was just wondering what people think about the combinations and if they have anything different that migth work a bit better?

Thanks for all the help!

-Manda

Northernguy
08-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I say add a pair of dwarf cichlids. Some German blue rams would look great in there!

BridalWreath
08-02-2009, 04:33 AM
I say add a pair of dwarf cichlids. Some German blue rams would look great in there!

I was looking at the German Blue Rams but i didn't know if they would have gotten aggressive with the smaller fish.

DrNic
08-02-2009, 04:50 AM
I was looking at the German Blue Rams but i didn't know if they would have gotten aggressive with the smaller fish.
GBRs can get a little aggressive. Just make sure they have some cover with rocks or driftwood an they are usually fine.

BridalWreath
08-02-2009, 04:53 AM
GBRs can get a little aggressive. Just make sure they have some cover with rocks or driftwood an they are usually fine.

That is one thing I am afraid of because three of my Glos are pretty small. They are still in the growing stage. Maybe there is something with the same effect?

BridalWreath
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I've been looking at other Rams as well such as the Bolivian Ram, Banded Dwarf Cichlid, and Inca Apistogramma. Has anyone ever tried any of these before? Or do you think that I should stick with the BGR if they have them?