PDA

View Full Version : Electric Blue with Bala Sharks

Anthony
08-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Hello all just wondering if anyone could help me out....

At the moment i have a 220 litre tank with a sump filter with few bala sharks, four black widow tetras and a few guppies and bits and pieces as well as a few bristle nosed catfish. I have been interested in getting an electric blue but wasn't sure if they would get on with the silver sharks (bala sharks). Also i am not too worried if it eats the guppies or little bits and pieces of small fish but was wondering mainly if the would get on with the sharks, catfish and tetras??

Any help and advice about the compatibility and/or the electric blues in general would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
Anthony

gm72
08-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Your tank is about 58 gallons and is therefore disproportionately small for multiple balas. You will need a larger tank for the fish you list.

Oscar_freak12321
08-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Now, you say electric blue...electric blue what? I'm assuming either an electric blue cichlid or electric blue Jack Dempsey. Am I correct or...?

Anthony
08-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Now, you say electric blue...electric blue what? I'm assuming either an electric blue cichlid or electric blue Jack Dempsey. Am I correct or...?

yeah an electric blue cichlid...

and i do realise that the tank i have now will not be suitable for the sharks needs in a year or two but i am planning to upgrade when necessary....

rangur1
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
no, the electric blue will haress and bully the others, plus the electric blue prefers harder,more alkiline water than the others.

Anthony
08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
no, the electric blue will haress and bully the others, plus the electric blue prefers harder,more alkiline water than the others.

ohhh okay thanks for that..... its annoying but i kind of thought it might have been like that