PDA

View Full Version : need help a.s.a.p.

nicklt
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
i have a fire mouth black convict and jack dempsey and lately the blk convict and fire mth got really agressive and defending this skull decoration the blk convict bit me twice and last night i woke up at like three in the morning and there were a hundred little baby fish in the corner and the blk convict and fire mth are protecting them and herding them into the corner i have had theese fish for eight months could they have already been pregnant and it took this long to have them or could they have inter bred and what do i do with the fry plz help

Northernguy
07-31-2009, 02:51 PM
Have you got another tank you could place the JD in or the fry?
Wasn't there an oscar in there as well?

rich311k
07-31-2009, 02:54 PM
They dont come pregnant, they are egg layers. I did not know those fish could cross breed. leave the fry alone chances are good they will not survive.

nicklt
07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
not really all i have is a three gallon and a 75 gallon but the 75 gallon has community fish in it its my moms she would kill me if i put the jack dempsey in it should i try moving the fry i dont know if i can catch em all especially around them two but i can try

nicklt
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
y would they die the two protect them and the jack dempsey is scared so he wont go near them he hides in a cave on the opposit side of the tank

Northernguy
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
The jd knows he will get his tail whooped if he goes out of the cave.
Put the fry in the 3gal.

nicklt
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
thank you your helping me on another thread to right now thumbs2: