PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater into Saltwater 30 gal

reefer
07-31-2009, 05:27 AM
Alright right now I am planning on making my 30 gallon fresh water into a saltwater reef aquarium. So sometime this week I will get this bad boy some LR and dry sand. I will be using a 250 M H, because this tank is fairly tall. I have a 150 chiller from an old tank that I'm going to hook up after the cycle. Same with a 800 rio water pump. I have a 24 nano right now with a coral beauty and a black and white perc thats going to go into the new tank. The 24 nano is a great tank, this tank became available and looks twice as big. The bigger the better. Some time down the line I plan on getting a quality protein skimmer. Any suggestions, did I miss anything? Where did you set up the rocks, the back or the middle? What corals do best for this kind of lighting?

bushwhacker
07-31-2009, 06:09 AM
reefer, if you would place these posts in the proper forums i'm sure you would get better answers to your questions. we have a lot of saltwater people here that can answer anything you need to know

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-31-2009, 10:30 AM
That kind of lighting on that tank is overkill, but would be best suited for SPS corals. I'd highly recommend you place that light at least 12" above the water surface.