PDA

View Full Version : Cory nutritious diet

Vladimir
07-28-2009, 08:14 PM
can somebody please recommend a good supplement instead of sinking shrimp pellets or something i can do with the sinking pellets that would be NUTRITIOUS and a good diet for my 2 peppermint corys and 1 panda? or if you know of a good HOMEMADE-style diet i can feed then like some kind of boiled veggies? or anything to ENRICH their diet? because i want to heal up the Hole In The Head in one of my peppermint corys and i do water changes like once a week, added a little piece of a Vitamin C dissolving tablet to the tank, and gave that cory a salt bath with 0.6 solution (2 tablespoons of salt for 1 gallon). i want them to heal up and be jolly :help:

ANY suggestions are appreciated,
thnx in advance.

Vlad

Northernguy
07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
If you are dealing with hith than you should be doing water changes every other day!
Clean water is the best meds.

Vladimir
07-28-2009, 09:12 PM
ok will do, going to change about 40% every 3rd day, so twice to 3 times a week. any diet suggestions?

Vladimir
07-28-2009, 11:00 PM
If you are dealing with hith than you should be doing water changes every other day!
Clean water is the best meds.

So changing water every other day would probably heal up his "Hole In The Head"? because i've even given his a salt bath the other day but i don't know how much good that did. Anything else i should do to treat this? or any diet u can recommend to keep my corys happy?:18:

thnx again,

Vlad

troy
07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I don't even think corydoras can get hole in the head. Corys are very sensitive to salt so the salt baths are doing more harm than good. Provide a varied diet of flakes, pellets, wafers, vegetables, live, and frozen foods.

Northernguy
07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Find a good quality sinking wafer or pellet.
Mine like a peice of banana every once in a while.weigh it down with a fork and do not leave it more then temn minutes.If you do remove it with a net.lol

LadyHatred
07-29-2009, 12:02 AM
I agree with everyone here.

... a peice of banana every once in a while.weigh it down with a fork and do not leave it more then temn minutes.If you do remove it with a net.lol

Been there! Over night, yanked on the fork the next day. What a mess!! :fish2:

Wild Turkey
07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
You can also grind up the sinking wafers and add whatever extra ingredients you like, add a little water, then freeze

wolf_eyes
07-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Corys love worms too so I would get them some and feed them one of twice a week with those and then alternate between algae wafers and shrimp pellets the rest of the time. There is also a sinking wafer that hikari makes that my corys devour. You can also try frozen brine shrimp instead of worms if you want.

robflanker
07-29-2009, 02:34 AM
You can also grind up the sinking wafers and add whatever extra ingredients you like, add a little water, then freeze

doesnt that then making them floating wafers? As ice floats... lol

Wild Turkey
07-29-2009, 02:37 AM
doesnt that then making them floating wafers? As ice floats... lol

not for long when the water is 78 degrees :ssmile:

robflanker
07-29-2009, 02:41 AM
but then doesnt it disintegrate on the surface? defeating the whole freezing point?
i'm confused WT lol

Wild Turkey
07-29-2009, 02:49 AM
but then doesnt it disintegrate on the surface? defeating the whole freezing point?
i'm confused WT lol

Its not going to be like a Hikari wafer or something like that, if thats what you mean. Generally, i never had much floating problems but I wouldnt use it for something that wont devour it pretty quickly, because yea once you powder and then refreeze it, its just not gonna be the same. The freezing is more to keep it from going nasty

I do the same thing with my rat's food. They dont mind the food being cold, and I can freeze it when all the fruits and veggies are fresh, that way I can get food for a month or more at a time. You could invest in a freeze drying machine for this sort of thing as an alternative.