PDA

View Full Version : video of lacustris and boesemani males

trojannemo
07-27-2009, 05:01 AM
hey guys. i moved my lighting around and found that having a light in the front of the tank shows the colors much better on the 'bows.

here's a quick video of my pride and joy, my male lacustris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I3rr9Rzey8

and my second favorite, my male boesemani:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCOdFxwvmBE

i've had both of these guys since August 12, 2008, so almost a year now. can't wait for them to get OLDERthumbs2:

input welcome!:22:

Oscar_freak12321
07-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Love that boesemani, great color! Absolutely gorgeous! :19:

mommy1
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM
they are great looking fish!

AquaLene
07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Beautiful !!!!! Do you have any female Lacustris too? I noticed my female is as colourful as the male, one of the few rainbow species where the female also has the gorgeous colour of the male.

Your plants are looking lovely too, are you using CO2? The black substrate really shows off their colours too.

I am struggling to pick my favourite rainbowfish, they are all just stunning :1luvu: , I cannot get enough of them.

Have you got any parkinsoni's? My male is starting to colour up and beginning to look amazing.

PS I also noticed you are also on another rainbowfish forum which I am also on, I just recently joined this great aquaticcommunity forum and am enjoying it too!

rich311k
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Beautiful fish! Nice videos too.

trojannemo
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Beautiful !!!!! Do you have any female Lacustris too? I noticed my female is as colourful as the male, one of the few rainbow species where the female also has the gorgeous colour of the male.

Your plants are looking lovely too, are you using CO2? The black substrate really shows off their colours too.

I am struggling to pick my favourite rainbowfish, they are all just stunning :1luvu: , I cannot get enough of them.

Have you got any parkinsoni's? My male is starting to colour up and beginning to look amazing.

PS I also noticed you are also on another rainbowfish forum which I am also on, I just recently joined this great aquaticcommunity forum and am enjoying it too!

i am in about 20+ forums. at least 2 dedicated to angelfish, and 3 dedicated to rainbowfish.
with regards to your question, yes i do have a female lacustris, she's a couple of months younger than he is, but extremely beautiful as well and very actively breeding...unfortunately she has no problems going around and spawning with my herbertaxelrodi male...she's not a 1-rainbowfish type of gal i guess...

http://www.keepitfishy.com/fish/stella10.jpg

i haven't been able to set up a pressurized CO2 system, but i do have two DIY bottles feeding into my canister filter, which then sends it into the tank in the form of very fine bubbles. i also dose daily dry powders following the EI method.

i had a couple of parkinsonis in the past, but got rid of them after i became way overstocked. now i'll be reducing my stock again to stay with only four species: M. lacustris, M. boesemani, M. herbertaxelrodi and G. incisus. the others will be sold auction in August...

AquaLene
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
M. lacustris, M. boesemani, M. herbertaxelrodi and G. incisus. the others will be sold auction in August...
Auction where? Any M. parva or splendida inornata (my wishlist of course... :hmm3grin2orange: )?
I currently have :
M. Boesemani x 4
M. Parkinsoni x 2
M. Lacustris x 2
M. Herbertaxelrodi x 4
M. Maccullochi x 1 - female (am struggling to find a mate, really difficult here)
M. Preacox x 5
I ordered a Glossolepis Incisus (waited months) and unfortunately he turned out to be a hybrid. I plan to just keep him as a pet.
These are all spread out amongst two different tanks, along with some community fish and a few predators.

Idea is to eventually have one tank dedicated to rainbows along with the few predators (the rainbows are too big for predators to eat) and another community tank.

My one tank chosen for all the 'bows is a bit "troublesome". So I don't want to move all the rainbows into it yet, worried it might be TB/myco, which we all know is devastating. So am going to monitor it for a while.

Also have a breeding - now a fry tank, got about 15 Lacustris and 15 boesi babies, my first attempt. All looking good and healthy. Cutest little things on earth. :hmm3grin2orange:

i haven't been able to set up a pressurized CO2 system, but i do have two DIY bottles feeding into my canister filter, which then sends it into the tank in the form of very fine bubbles.
Same here, one DIY bottle in the one of my tanks for now to see if it works, only started it about two weeks ago, showing positive signs already.

i also dose daily dry powders following the EI method.
I am intrigued, what is that? Tell me more please... :ssmile: (Moderators feel free to redirect this to another section if I am in the wrong one about this topic. :sconfused: )

trojannemo
07-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Auction where? Any M. parva or splendida inornata (my wishlist of course... :hmm3grin2orange: )?

sorry the auction will be held at my fish club monthly meeting August 12...and no i dont have much in the way of exotic 'bows. if i had M. parva, would never get rid of it!! only "rare" fish I have that may go in the auction is a breeding pair of C. bleheri...

I am intrigued, what is that? Tell me more please... :ssmile: (Moderators feel free to redirect this to another section if I am in the wrong one about this topic. :sconfused: )

you got pm