PDA

View Full Version : Freshwater fish information links

Nautilus291
07-26-2009, 04:20 AM
After haveing a meltdown and completely tearing down all five of my tanks, I'm getting ready to set up a 20 g tank again. But I lost all of the websites I used to research fish info, so what are the websites you guys use?

dancethenparty
07-26-2009, 04:23 AM
After haveing a meltdown and completely tearing down all five of my tanks, I'm getting ready to set up a 20 g tank again. But I lost all of the websites I used to research fish info, so what are the websites you guys use?
i love badmanstropicalfish

Oscar_freak12321
07-26-2009, 04:25 AM
badmans does well, but cannot supply every fish species. I prefer the old fashioned style of researching each fish thoroughly through different websites. Badmans is pretty reliable though, so I'd start there.

Nautilus291
07-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks! I remember that one now that you mention it! Also I remember one that started with an e. Kinda like ebaum or something. Does anyone know about that one?

wolf_eyes
08-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Aquariumlife.net, http://fish.mongabay.com, aquahobby.com, and seriouslyfish.com are some of the ones I like, but generally I just post "[fish name] care" on google and read all the sites on the first page to make sure there isn't conflicting ideas. Even the best sites get facts wrong sometimes.

Crispy
08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
planetcatfish.com is the best for catfish/pleco information... they have an extensive L# and C# catalogue.