PDA

View Full Version : color changes and green sheen....?

cubby
07-25-2009, 01:22 AM
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?p=569034&posted=1#post569034

some of the barbs have lost some color and have what LOOKS like a green sheen to their black stripes.

LFS said they are probly stressed a bit... dows that sound right?

they are acting completely normal... eating and swimming and chasing.......

Little Embers
07-25-2009, 02:15 AM
It can be perfectly natural for the black stripes to have a green sheen to them and females are duller. Variety in their diet will help enhance colouring.

I personally would not worry if they are acting normally (it never hurts to check your water parameters just in case) ...I would be more concerned actually about the one clown loach, they really need to be in a group.

cubby
07-25-2009, 02:20 AM
yeah. the loach will get some pals when we get a bigger tank. if i had the room, i would have 5 or 6.... but its just not practical right now. so he can spend a few months in there, and hopefully i'll get a 125 sometime in the fall..... then he can move into that with a school of his pals.

thanks for the post! :)

Little Embers
07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
To be honest with you Cubby (and no offence meant), it would have been more practical to wait until you had the appropriate size to be able to accommodate a shoal of loaches at once, or not have added one of the other species you have now and gotten more loaches instead.... Loaches can stress easily and they need company of their own species. Just my opinion though.

cubby
07-25-2009, 08:49 PM
To be honest with you Cubby (and no offence meant), it would have been more practical to wait until you had the appropriate size to be able to accommodate a shoal of loaches at once, or not have added one of the other species you have now and gotten more loaches instead.... Loaches can stress easily and they need company of their own species. Just my opinion though.

no offense taken! i understand they need a school, and will be happier and healthier in a school. and its coming. got a little nastalgic watching him at the LFS, for when i had loached previously, and ended up coming home with one.(blush)