PDA

View Full Version : Molly diseased

BongoBenny
03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Ok, so I have a dalmation molly and it has somekind of disease. I could'nt really find anything that fit the description of my fishs symptoms, so I'm hoping you guys could help me out. Sorry I could'nt take a nice picture that shows what my fish looks like, but I will try my best to explain it.

First, in between the fishes pelvic fin and pectoral fin are three small patches that are white. All around the patches is a coating of what looks like a milky film. The film doesn't really have any depth to it, it just look like a color change. Also, covering an area between the pectoral fin and anal fin many of the fishes scales are protruding. Finally, as I woke up this morning, for the first time i noticed a white striny materal hanging from the anus. This material doesnt seem to have a movement to it and it kinda looks like it was flattened/smashed as it is not cylinder shaped.

My tanks Ph, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate levels are all in check, and my molly is the only fish that is infected. My molly also tends to hog all the food when it is fed, so I'm not sure if that could be factor in the protruding scales. (I feed 2 times a day in small ammounts). Another thing I think would be worth mentioning, all this seemed to have started after I had put in some lettuce/celery for my snail to eat.

Any suggestions are welcome, and I would also like to thank anyone who takes the time to respond to my post.

Drumachine09
03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
it could be a flat worm.