PDA

View Full Version : Onion? What the heck

Lady Hobbs
07-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I found in the flower bed outside my apartment 3 big tall onion plants. There isn't a garden anywhere even remotely near me so it didn't come sailing thru the air and just plant itself there. I dump all my old plants and junk outside behind a big bush and two years ago I had onion plants. Could it be even remotely possible these onions made it thru two winters and 5 ft of snow dumped on them? Can Crinum thaianum grow emmersed?

I pulled them out and threw them in with my silver dollars just to see what happens.

Rue
07-22-2009, 04:17 PM
...if they make a salad with it, let us know...:14:

Lady Hobbs
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Now they want a hamburger to go with their onion.

Rue
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
...careful...they may REALLY be pirahnas in disguise...

Take a baseball bat to bed with you tonight...

Deleted User
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
The onion plant is one of the toughest plants you can get.

They are actually a member of the Lilly family so yes I would say that your onion plants have survived because of this.

fishlover49
07-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I found in the flower bed outside my apartment 3 big tall onion plants. There isn't a garden anywhere even remotely near me so it didn't come sailing thru the air and just plant itself there. I dump all my old plants and junk outside behind a big bush and two years ago I had onion plants. Could it be even remotely possible these onions made it thru two winters and 5 ft of snow dumped on them? Can Crinum thaianum grow emmersed?

I pulled them out and threw them in with my silver dollars just to see what happens.

Yes, it is definitely possible they are from the ones you threw out. We have onions that do the same thing. They just keep going to seed and coming back. thumbs2: Tough little buggers. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lady Hobbs
07-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks peeps. Can hardly believe it. Maybe I should look again behind that bush and see if any fish come back to life. :)

Wild Turkey
07-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks peeps. Can hardly believe it. Maybe I should look again behind that bush and see if any fish come back to life. :)
http://iconsofterror.com/PetSemetary/PET_SEMATARY-6.jpg
"The grounds gone sour"

:hmm3grin2orange:

Oscar_freak12321
07-22-2009, 09:31 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: That movie was disturbing! Gotta love the old man though...