PDA

View Full Version : Lone tiger barb

DrNic
07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Will a lone tiger barb get along with angelfish?

Due to a rather significant error on my part last night (i.e. leaving the fish in a 5 quart bucket overnight after I forgot about them when I went to the store) I now have a single tiger barb that needs a new home. I know barbs tend to be aggressive so I'm not going to put it in my platty or neon tanks. My angelfish can handle themselves pretty well but has anyone tried this before?

I feel like a total idiot. I was planning on moving all the barbs to a tank at my university. Now that there is only 1 left the guy in charge of the university tank doesn't want them and I wasn't really happy with the barb tank anyway. Now I have to figure out what to do with this little guy.

Oscar_freak12321
07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
Barbs by themselves tend to get a little nippy, and I would think the tiger barb would act the same way. I wouldn't risk putting him in there by himself.

rich311k
07-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I do not think it would be a good idea. Those danty angel fins make great targets.

VoidParadigm
07-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Best bet is probably to ask around and see if anyone would like to adopt him from you. Otherwise, don't know what to tell you. =\

frank_zappa
07-20-2009, 09:21 PM
you could bring it by a petco or another place and i bet they would take it

mac
07-21-2009, 12:13 AM
IMO I would not try it. To much of a risk IMO.

mac

William
07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
I agree. Allthough you can try. You should notice fairly quickly if there is a problem. Long before any real harm is done!

invadertoast
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I have a tiger barb only tank that he would be very happy in! It's a 20 long and currently has five residents, I'm in southern NH. PM me if you're interested :)

frank_zappa
07-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I have a tiger barb only tank that he would be very happy in! It's a 20 long and currently has five residents, I'm in southern NH. PM me if you're interested :)

now that right there seems like a great solution