PDA

View Full Version : crownfish betas

sparkybetta
07-14-2009, 11:15 PM
hello i have a crownfish beta in a 55 gallon tank yeah i no big tank anyways i was wondering if anyone knows if male crownfish beta are ok with other guppies?

VoidParadigm
07-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Depends on the guppies I think. The males with the big beautiful tails are sometimes considered threats by male bettas, I think. Territorial, and what-not. Because of the size of the tank you could be fine, but I wouldn't risk it.

sparkybetta
07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
thanks for the info, i was looking at your post and happend to notice that u have a 20 gal in the making and i would like to know what u are putting in your tank

AmazingH
07-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Lesson time!

Crownfish = crowntail
beta = betta (pronounced bet-uh)

Generally you don't want to put a betta with guppies.. the bright colors and huge tails trigger aggressiveness.

What other fish are in the 55g tank?

Northernguy
07-15-2009, 01:53 AM
It really depends on the beta!
I have guppies in with my beta and there hasn't been a nip or murder yet! Its been 3wks now.
I also have lotsa plants,rocks and hornswort floating in the tank.
Your tank is big enough,if its set right it should ok.

sparkybetta
07-15-2009, 03:59 AM
thanks i have emperor 400 filter and im wondering if i should take it out because i heard that bettas like calm waters

sparkybetta
07-15-2009, 04:02 AM
for amazing h/there are no other fish in the 55gal tank but i might put a couple of goupies in

Gemini
07-15-2009, 04:19 AM
I think it will depend on the Betta and the guppys. I had a Betta with tetras, corys, bristlenose, loach and red tail shark and everyone was fine. But I tried another Betta and he went psycho trying to hunt everything. That was in a 29G.
If you plant the tank, or have territories it will help. My Betta loved to hang out at the top of the tank in the floating plants.

Sarkazmo
07-15-2009, 07:05 AM
It all comes down to the personality of the betta. Some'll kill every fish or critter you put in the tank with them, others will happily live with guppies and what have you. Only way to find out is try and stand by with a net.

Sark

sparkybetta
07-15-2009, 03:28 PM
im not sure if my betta will be good with other fish so i wont risk it but i have a a 10gal empty i will put the guppies in because im intrested in breeding guppies