PDA

View Full Version : im want to...

matthew.shelly
07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
so when i get back from spain in december, im going to set my 5.5 gallon up as a betta home with the mopani wood thats already in there, some larger stones, and a lot of java moss (and my anubias if they're still around).
basically its' going to be awesome.
then i want to use my 2.5 to set up a shrimp tank with some rocks and more moss. then ill be able to have a never ending supply of shrimp to feed the betta.
he can have a healthy diet, i wont have to spend a fortune to do it, and ill have two awesome looking tanks.
just thought i would share my most recent ideas.
any suggestions on what kind of shrimp?

Little Embers
07-11-2009, 04:06 AM
That sounds like a great idea!

I have never kept shrimp and we don't have them in the shops where I am, so I'm no help in that regard, but I found this site that has a lot of info. with pics. on the different species of shrimp and what water conditions they like etc. http://www.aquatic-store.com/en-us/dept_307.html... hope it helps!

Many members here keep shrimp, so I'm sure they will quide you on which ones are the best.

matthew.shelly
07-11-2009, 05:58 AM
thanks for the link! i think itll be great because the shrimp will even help with house cleaning before they become lunch :)

troy
07-11-2009, 04:35 PM
What species of shrimp do you plan on breeding?

matthew.shelly
07-11-2009, 04:41 PM
What species of shrimp do you plan on breeding?
im not really sure. i think cherry shrimp would be nice. they're smaller and have that beautiful red color.

troy
07-11-2009, 06:00 PM
im not really sure. i think cherry shrimp would be nice. they're smaller and have that beautiful red color.
They sound like a good choice.thumbs2: