PDA

View Full Version : Names....

AquaQueen
03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey everyone. Well I brought home my two baby cockatails (birds) on Tuesday morning. Which is great...adds to the farm....lol. Some of you may remember but for those that don't I have a dog, a cat, a bunny, seven fish tanks, three kids and the Hubby lmao. I think I might start a Traveling Circus lmao. Anyways we are trying to figure out some names for the birds. Anyone have any good ideas? I like Peaches & Mango but I think those are common bird names. Well I'm sure I will get some great names from u all. So I will be looking forward to seeing what all u guys can come up with lol. Well I'm going back out side to finish shoveling the foot of snow we got last night after having a 70degree Sunny Spring day(gotta love New England) Oh yea I am going to add a few pictures of my girls.

cocoa_pleco
03-17-2007, 10:31 PM
nice red cheeks.

How about rosy and blush?

Abbeys_Mom
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
How about Lunch and Dinner? :ezpi_wink1:

cocoa_pleco
03-17-2007, 11:05 PM
how about rouge and cherry?

Drumachine09
03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Shamus And O'brien

AquaQueen
03-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Cute replies so far everyone...so far I like rosy and rouge. I asked on another forum I am a member on and they have come up with Peep and Tweet which is cute. I think I will try and get a few more names then throw them in a hat and pull out two see how that works.

I tried to wait a few days to see their personality but they are shy and still haven't got all of their feathers so I can't clip their wings until they at least get to know their cage. They don't trust us just yet so I will need to prevent them from flying to train them...you get the picture...lol

I used to have a breeding pair a few years ago and we lost our female due to an agressive male so we got rid of him and kept the last baby we had and the cat killed it one day because the kids had opened his cage without us knowing and we went out and that was the end of our bird Freckles. So we have learned our lesson the birds will be in a room behind a closed door when we leave from now on.

cocoa_pleco
03-18-2007, 12:41 AM
THELMA AND LOUISE! lol

cartmanis
03-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Penn and Teller

(especially appropriate if one is noisy, the other quiet :) )

holbritter
03-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Jasper and Jeremy

or

Jasmine and Jade

I like the "J" names :)

Lindsay_D
03-18-2007, 03:19 AM
hyde and jykl o wait there too cute!

AquaQueen
03-18-2007, 03:48 AM
Believe it or not they are not very noisey....Yet...lol I don't think those names would fit them...lol But I do like Jasmine and Jade...I went through the phase of naming all of my pets with the letter T being their first letter Trouble & Tiger(cats), Tasha & Tripper(dogs), and a bird named Tweety. I don't want to go that route again to complicated. I also want to keep in mind it has to be simple for them to repeat and the kids to say as well. But please don't give up keep on sharing your thoughts. I have spent hours looking at them trying to think of something cute and original with no luck.

sanddigger
03-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I had a cockatiel years ago. Just loved her. How about Abby and Road?
(as you can see, I love the Beatles)

AquaQueen
03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
lol I guess so huh...I do like that it's cute, simple and fit for either sex....Thanks

sanddigger
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Let us know what you decide to name them. They sure are pretty.thumbs2:

AquaQueen
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Let us know what you decide to name them. They sure are pretty.thumbs2:

Thanks I love them I think they are soooo adorable and they know me already...I came home from work and man were they tweeting like crazy almost like they were happy to see me....kinda felt good yanno? Anyways I will definately share the names we choose for them. I just don't want to jump too fast and name them and not like it so I am taking my time, I think I will throw the names into a hat on thrusday or friday or maybe have a poll on the final names we like. I am also going to look into joining a forum for birds if they have one.

Anyone else have any name ideas...for two female birds? Anyone?!? LOL

Incredulous_Ed
03-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Bill and Ted! Excellent!

AquaQueen
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Bill and Ted! Excellent!

I dont think my female birds will like those names Ed...lol:hmm3grin2orange: Thanks for trying tho.

Drumachine09
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Bill and Ted! Excellent!

It was worth a shot. lol

Better than Bevis and Butthead though!

AquaQueen
03-19-2007, 08:53 PM
It was worth a shot. lol

Better than Bevis and Butthead though!

LMAO...yes it is...I could see my kids telling their teacher they got birds and named them Bevis and Butthead...the teacher would just love that better then them comming in with blue mo-hawks...lol

Drumachine09
03-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Your kids have blue mohawks! AWESOME!!!

AquaQueen
03-19-2007, 09:04 PM
They did...lol My Hubby's brother is getting married and they are in the wedding so they had o shave them...everyone thinks they look better now but I miss their mohawks. My oldest dosen't want to grow it back but the younger one does and Hubby says no...party pooper!:wink2:

Drumachine09
03-19-2007, 09:06 PM
First day of summer last year, i went and got a mohawk, JUST to see the look on my moms face. She FLIPPED! but then she got over it. I grew it out all summer and the day before school started, me and a couple other guys took a razor to our heads and shaved it BALD. it was a new feeling. Not sure id want to do it again, but it was kinda cool.

AquaQueen
03-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh I love bald heads Hubby shaves his for me all the time. How long did it get before you shaved it? My youngest son's was about 5-6"(inches) off his head and the older had one about 4" one was a full mohawk and the other one was the top half and the rest shaved...they were cute. I have the school pictures only one wore it up the other did it nice for his Nana...lol

Drumachine09
03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
HA! Killer!:thumb:

Mine got a good 5-6 inches.

AquaQueen
04-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Hey Everyone, Sorry I have been really busy with work and trying to spend as much time training my Baby Tiels as possible. I have had them for almost a month now and things are comming along great. I told everyone I would share the names I chose when I figured them out. Well it came to me two days ago when for the first time the younger of the two babies let me hold him I was so excited...lol anways I think this one is going to be a Male I named him Tiki and the other I think is the female and her name is Mi'ka. I found out that I wont know the sex of them until after they are a year old and gone through two molts. Unless I want to pay 25.00 for a DNA test which I don't...lol I can wait. So I chose names that will kinda be ok if it turns out to be opposite sex or even same.

I have new pictures to share too. Hope you all like them.
The first pic Mi'ka is on the left and Tiki is one the right. Then there is Mi'ka alone mad that Tiki is outta the cage playin. Then I got a pic of him eating outta my hand for the first time. The next picture is him letting Mama hold him. The last picture is my favorite one so far it is Tiki smiling after playing with me all day...Soo Precious...
I have fallen in Love with these beauty's they really are a joy to train. As soon as Tiki get's the Adam's family song down completly(he is doing well) I will record it and share it. Sorry I have rambled so much I am just so excited to share how things are going with all of you. TTFN

AquaQueen
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
:confused:

Lindsay_D
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
if your kids were 17 you should give me there number

AquaQueen
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
if your kids were 17 you should give me there number

lol..hey now...those are my babies you are checking out there missy...lol But because I luv ya I will just take that as a complement:ezpi_wink1: Well what do ya think of my names I chose do you like them? I am so happy they are trusting us more and more everyday. I can't help myself they melt me sooooo bad..BTW I do have a 15y.o.(almost 16) and 17y.o. little Brothers...:hmm3grin2orange:

SouthernGal0682
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Awww they are too cute. I love cockatiels. We had 2 growing up. Lost one, but my mom still has the other one. They have so much personality and are so funny to watch!

AquaQueen
04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
SouthernGal0682,
Thanks. I love them alot. They are so fun and very smart...lol lil chits are always untying their toy off the side of thier cage.

Your Mom still has one? Wow..How old is it?

SouthernGal0682
04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
They are very samrt! We had a cat that was about 20lbs and the bird knew she couldn't jump she was so fat. His wings were never clipped so he would fly around the house and dive-bomb her. Sometimes their curosity can get the best of them though...ours was out of his cage at dinner one time and landed in a bowl of tomato soup in the middle of the table.

We got "Willy" in 1991. My friend and I were standing outside and he flew down and landed on the handle bars of her bike! So, we really don't know exactly how old he is, but we know he is at least 16 years old. The other bird died about 7-8 years ago and we got her in a similar way...she landed on the roof of our house.

AquaQueen
04-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Wow..Now ain't that LUCK!!! LOL that is really cool. I love these birds!:luxlove:
Some tiels can live to like 20 yrs old if properly cared for have regular vet checks and eat a healthy variety of fresh veggies and seed/pellets.

kimmers318
04-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I love the names! A friend of mine has a sun conure named Tiki....short for tequila sunrise. She also has Otis (orange ringnecked parrot) and the Keets (parakeets). I get to babysit whenever she goes away so I get to enjoy for a brief time and then return them :19: . Now that we have the kitties though I don't know if I will bring them here like I have in the past. Otis just loves my youngest daughter because she sits there forever hand feeding him his food. Unfortunately, he isn't clipped and not real trustworthy and I won't chance letting him out of the cage here.

AquaQueen
04-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks Kimmers...it took me a month to decide what I wanted to go with but I think these names fit them best...How funny that your friends bird has that name too...also funny that the name is short for tequila sunrise...my Betta that I got like a month ago, I named him Tequila Sunrise because of the orange coloring. These birds are so smart and fun to have around, they have these cute little personality's and win over your heart so quickly.

Drumachine09
04-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks Kimmers...it took me a month to decide what I wanted to go with but I think these names fit them best...How funny that your friends bird has that name too...also funny that the name is short for tequila sunrise...my Betta that I got like a month ago, I named him Tequila Sunrise because of the orange coloring. These birds are so smart and fun to have around, they have these cute little personality's and win over your heart so quickly.

Back when i was a youngn, my babysitter had a bird. She taped the intro whisting part of the andy griffith show, and looped it for 48 hours straight. That was the only the the bird would sing anymore. when he was hungry, he would go and sit ontop of the cabinet where his food would be too.

AquaQueen
04-14-2007, 06:17 PM
I am teaching them that too, and the Adams Family theme song, I think Tiki is trying to say Pretty Bird already..I will record the sound after they get it down fully.

Drumachine09
04-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I am teaching them that too, and the Adams Family theme song, I think Tiki is trying to say Pretty Bird already..I will record the sound after they get it down fully.

If they were my birds, i would try to teach them that oh-so-famous riff from smoke on the water....thatd ROCK!

And id name them axel and hendrix

AquaQueen
04-15-2007, 03:59 AM
If they were my birds, i would try to teach them that oh-so-famous riff from smoke on the water....that'd ROCK!

And id name them Axel and Hendrix

LOL...I think they both might be girls..I am hoping (have to wait til after the second molt)..if they aren't I wont be mad tho...lol That would be cool to teach them smoke on the water Hubby & me both like that song. You should see the talking birds on YouTube.Com the Parrots are the best there are some that do Karate and the African Grey parrots seem to be the best Talkers Makes me want one..I see one video the birds name was Ozzy OMG The trash mouth on him...I couldn't believe they taught him that stuff, I mean it would be funny for some things like Dumb@ss but the others were a bit over board. I plan on teaching/trying to teach them to say pretty bird, Mama, I Love You and My Kids names, To Tell the dog to go lay down...after whistling for her...lol and I will be working on other things like flying to me and going to bed when told instead of chasing them around!! My old birds used to do this and so did their baby...so should be no problem:ezpi_wink1:

Drumachine09
04-15-2007, 06:03 AM
LOL...I think they both might be girls..I am hoping (have to wait til after the second molt)..if they aren't I wont be mad tho...lol That would be cool to teach them smoke on the water Hubby & me both like that song. You should see the talking birds on YouTube.Com the Parrots are the best there are some that do Karate and the African Grey parrots seem to be the best Talkers Makes me want one..I see one video the birds name was Ozzy OMG The trash mouth on him...I couldn't believe they taught him that stuff, I mean it would be funny for some things like Dumb@ss but the others were a bit over board. I plan on teaching/trying to teach them to say pretty bird, Mama, I Love You and My Kids names, To Tell the dog to go lay down...after whistling for her...lol and I will be working on other things like flying to me and going to bed when told instead of chasing them around!! My old birds used to do this and so did their baby...so should be no problem:ezpi_wink1:

My brother was trying to teach his labrador an awesome trick:

He was supposed to be able to make a "gun" with his fingers, point it at teddy, and say "BANG!". Then teddy was supposed to fall on the ground and lay on his back, untill someone came up to him , said "clear!" and pushed on his chest to simulate defirilators. Then teddy was supposed to get up and run around.

That would have been AWESOME! too bad teddy has the attention span of, half a goldfish.