PDA

View Full Version : 55 gallon setup

FishyPastor
07-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I received a 55 gallon with everything for free. On moving the tank the prviopus owner wassked all the gravel ( don't know why) and it was a pretty much like a new setup. Got it moved gravel water etc in place. It even came with a family of Jack Dempsey's. This was about four weeks ago.
Two weeks ago I trade the Jacks for African Kenyi cichlids bredding pair and two other kenyi's. I was also given three fairy cichlids one inch in size.
The male Kenyi is ver dominate. I have been doing water chnages every two days no every four days. PH is 7.2 temp 78F, Still is having high nitartes at .5. So will continue to change water until resolved.
I added six more fish a jewel, Black Lace cat, pleco, Ahi, and two male and female auratus, So far my Ahi died got it replaced and the second one died as well, due to unknown reasons. everyone else is fine. I am not sure why it died and the male Kenyi keeps everyone to the right of the tank except the pleco, auratus and catfish. The female kenyi seems not to be doing well right now. Also all the fish get spooked real easy, the tabk is near the entrance to the home. ????
??????????

dancethenparty
07-13-2009, 04:05 AM
when you say Ahi you mean yellowfin tuna right? those things get too big for your tank.
b)i think your tank is still cycling. your on the right track with the water changes
c) if i'm not mistaken fairy cichlids shouldn't be placed with those other aggresive cichlids. so you should probably return them or get another tank.
d) they probably get spooked easily because they arn't used to the tank yet.
the kenyi is very dominate b/c that's his nature, they are aggressive fish
e) do you have plants and other decorations for the other fish to hide in and form terriorties? that will probably help with the male kenyi issue.
f) your kenyi and auratus cichlids are from the same lake which is why they don't have an issue with eachother, however your fairy cichlid is from a different lake and so that's why your having issues. it's best to keep cichlids from the same lake. same goes for the jewel.
g) i don't mean to be offensive when i say any of these things. also have you done research about the fish your keeping and etc,?

jaysee
07-28-2009, 02:44 AM
when you say Ahi you mean yellowfin tuna right? those things get too big for your tank.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :hmm3grin2orange: Talk about a tank buster!

I saw a 60 lb yellowfin tuna the other day.

robflanker
07-28-2009, 02:45 AM
i hope it god its not ahi tuna and this is a typo...

jaysee
07-28-2009, 02:54 AM
:hmm3grin2orange: The tuna is dying because it's a saltwater fish :hmm3grin2orange:

robflanker
07-28-2009, 03:00 AM
or because its like a beached whale in any tank lol