PDA

View Full Version : Baby betta update pics

nzgirl
07-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I just wanted to share a pic of my very special baby she's about 7 weeks and is the only survivor of our 1st betta fry, from crowntail parents (who also have sadly passed on). I was quite keen in getting the parents together, as I had a feeling something wasn't right with the dad as he kept getting a bloated belly, which would go up & down, but knew his days might be numbered, & mum wasn't as full of eggs as she could have, only 20 came out before she was being chased away. So I was pleased to see about 4 little swimmers a few days later.

angc84
07-09-2009, 06:41 AM
I just wanted to share a pic of my very special baby she's about 7 weeks and is the only survivor of our 1st betta fry, from crowntail parents (who also have sadly passed on). I was quite keen in getting the parents together, as I had a feeling something wasn't right with the dad as he kept getting a bloated belly, which would go up & down, but knew his days might be numbered, & mum wasn't as full of eggs as she could have, only 20 came out before she was being chased away. So I was pleased to see about 4 little swimmers a few days later.

Aww. So cute!
I am sorry to hear about the parents...but they left you a little jewel!

nzgirl
07-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Aww. So cute!
I am sorry to hear about the parents...but they left you a little jewel!

Thanks angc84

that's a great name for her 'Jewel'

She's a fiesty little thing, chasing the bigger guppies around :hmm3grin2orange:

Sharon
07-09-2009, 11:18 AM
She's a cutie!thumbs2:

Northernguy
07-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Thats so cool!
You are one of the very few that has posted beta fry here!
fabulous job! It is a cutie!thumbs2:

hali_fish
07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Cute pic! thumbs2: I've thought about breeding my bettas, but I don't think I'd know what to do with all the males if they all survive! Sorry to hear about the parent fish... Beautiful little fry though!

AmazingH
07-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Beautiful little girl!

You could always name her Fiesty Jewel thumbs2:

Hali, there are ways of controlling the number of fish hatched.. if you would like a link to a huge article, pm me and I'll send you the link :)