PDA

View Full Version : Moving from a mousehole to mansion.

Abbeys_Mom
03-16-2007, 11:13 PM
After having Abbey's Betta in a half gallon tank for the last month, I have relented to giving him a new home. He will be moving into a 2 1/2 g tank. I know it's not a HUGE tank, but it's 2g more then the tank he is in. I'll post pics when I get it cycled and decorated.

Drumachine09
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Im sure he will be quite the thankful one!

kimmers318
03-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Abbeys betta will be such a happy camper in his new home!!! Are you going to have Abbey help you in the set up and weekly maintenance? Good learning time mom....even though it isn't necessary I have my 3 yr old niece hold the hose draining into the bucket and tell me when it is getting full, she finds that to be a big job she does for auntie Kim!

Abbeys_Mom
03-17-2007, 01:44 AM
She helps to feed him every day, but doesn't do much in the way of tank cleaning. She does spent hours talking to him, it's really cute.

kimmers318
03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Well she has the talking to him down pat.....we talk to our fish all of the time. People think we are crazy having this many tanks, but hey, it's our dime and our time! Seriously though, even the littlest of kids as long as they can follow simple instructions can help and it gives them a good basis for what life is really like owning pets. Of course it is easier to just do it yourself, but having them do simple chores with you during aquarium maintenance, even though it sometimes creates more hassle, is quite an interesting time.

Lady Hobbs
03-17-2007, 03:49 PM
LOL I thought the thread title was applying to you. My first thought was ol my gosh......Abbeys Mom will be buying 300 more tanks!