PDA

View Full Version : Tips to plant cabomba

Ama
07-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Can any one explain How to plant a cabomba? Is it growing among gravels? or does it need a pot ? how to fertilize them?

Algenco
07-05-2009, 05:16 AM
just push the end of the stem in the gravel, fert will depend on how much light you have

Ama
07-05-2009, 02:19 PM
just push the end of the stem in the gravel, fert will depend on how much light you have

Thanks for the tips.

smaug
07-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I use lead plant anchors.Simply clean off the last 2 inches of stem and wrap approx 1" of strip around the stem about an inch up and insert into the gravel.If they keep getting pushed up use small rocks to hold them to the gravel as well.It can take awhile before they establish so be patient.Liquid ferts are best for stem plants as there"roots' are not really there to pull nutrients but are more of an anchor.Cabomba need good light and some sort of co2 to keep from getting leggy and losing needles.I kept them for awhile using seachem excel with about 275 watts of light.They will grow with far less,but will not stay compact and keep there purple color.Make sure to plant each stem individually to avoid one stem dieng and rotting and taking the others with it.

rich311k
07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I plant the stems at a bit of an angle. After a few days they root and stay down. If you have enough light you will soon have more than you can handle.