PDA

View Full Version : Sick Neolamp Brach

HeartsAngel
07-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I have a 55 gal tank with 2 corys, 1 neon, 1 guppy, 1 pair pulcher kribs, 1 serpae tetra, 1 gold gourami and 3 female swordtails. We have been gone for 3 days and my neolamp has round hole behind the eye just above the orange spot with white around it that almost looks like a ring worm. Fish is out swimming and eating...what happened to my fish - did someone bite him or is it a fungus?
I will try to post a pic for you....
Thanks, :ssuprised: :scry:

toddnbecka
07-05-2009, 05:26 AM
I'd suspect the krib's may have had something to do with it. Just keep an eye on the injury, as well as the overall condition of the fish. It should heal up alright with clean water and time.

HeartsAngel
07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Thank you for your answer. I was very concerned it was hole in the head disease and was mortified that I had done something to hurt my fish. I did suspect the kribs but wasn't sure. Is it not ok to have kribs and the neolamp in the same tank? Would the kribs be better in a tank on their own or with my malawi cichlids when I get it set up? Thanks again for your help...
:fish: :ssmile: :fish:

toddnbecka
07-06-2009, 02:47 AM
HITH is caused by a parasite, not something I've ever heard of affecting African cichlids. Not saying it isn't possible, but more likely an injury. If the krib's are a bonded pair they would be better off in a 20 long of their own when they start spawning. They are from Africa, but they're a river fish, not from one of the rift lakes.

HeartsAngel
07-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Yes he is definately injured as he is already healing up nicely. Have a great day! thumbs2: