PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling Whipsnake

Full3R
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
My friend has a hatchlig Yellow Faced Whipsnake and was curious what he can feed it, it is under 20cm long and it is as thick a pencil (probably skinnier) and it is way to small to even eat a new born mouse any ideas?

xoolooxunny
03-16-2007, 04:51 PM
crickets? superworms?

Rue
03-16-2007, 05:32 PM
It's not an insectivore...

...try it with the smallest pinkies...

Full3R
03-17-2007, 04:56 AM
K thanx, hes decided to let me look after it because i take in young animals which have been hurt, So i assume he thinks i can look after it till its bigger muahhaha

he Claimed he put a cricket in the tank and the snake ate it but i know a lil bit about reptiles and for a fact YFWS are like Rue said they are not an insectivore, ill try finding smallest possible Pinkies , which may mean searching the roof of my house for wild mice (there babies are half the size of pet mice due to lack of foods) and feed those pinkies to it, if not spose ill try a cricket lol Thanx

Drumachine09
03-17-2007, 05:58 AM
Yea pinkies should do the trick. When he is eating 2 pinkies every 5 days, move him on to fuzzies, then mice, then rats, and then giant hamsters.

Full3R
03-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Lol this snake doesnt get big enough to eat a full grown hamster, they live on mainly lizards and mice in the wild a fully grown mouse is probably the limit for the snake of this type when the snake is fully growns