PDA

View Full Version : MIA albino barbs

DrNic
07-04-2009, 03:02 AM
So I took the advice of some of the AC members and picked up 6 barbs for my 20G tank, 3 tigers and 3 albino tigers. Due to someone cutting me off on the way home one of the tigers got pinched in the bag and didn't last more than a few days.

The remaining fish seemed to be fine for at least the first 3 days or so. When I looked in the tank on Wed night however I couldn't find ANY of the albino barbs. The two tigers were shooting around the tank, but the albinos were just gone. No live animals, no bodies.

The tank is reasonably heavily planted with a trio of albino corys covering the bottom which seem to be doing fine. At the time I put them in the tank all the barbs were the same size as well.

Any thoughts as to if these guys are hiding in the plants somewhere or died and got eaten?

Little Embers
07-04-2009, 05:21 AM
Sorry to hear that! It does seem very odd indeed that all 3 are missing! Even if they did die and all happened to get eaten (unlikely I think), you should see some remains I would think. I'm sure you have looked, but is there any possibility that they could have jumped out somehow or be trapped in something...most unusual for all 3 though?

It is possible that they are hiding in the plants or decor if they are stressed, or to avoid being chased by the other tigers.

I hope they turn up soon, or at least know what happened to them. Sorry I can't offer more.

mac
07-04-2009, 06:01 AM
I would check all over the place. From in side the tank to the filter also the floor around the tank. Fish are great at hiding or staying hidden. So check everything. Also check the decor in the tank.

Good luck,

mac

rangur1
07-05-2009, 04:22 AM
i would guess in the plants or the filter. good luck