PDA

View Full Version : To much breeding cichlids

camero94
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I have a 75 gallon tank with three other species of fish. My problem is my cichlids keep having fry non stop, and the parents are killing my other fish. I have a 10 gallon for the previous fry. should i keep the mother in the 10 gallon to keep from her breeding or the male.

Red
07-01-2009, 05:04 PM
What kind of fish?

toddnbecka
07-01-2009, 05:12 PM
You can probably keep the breeding pair in a 20 long, but a 10 gallon isn't going to hold very many fry for any significant length of time.

Crispy
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
definitely need to know the types of fish...

camero94
07-06-2009, 06:10 AM
i have 4 dwarf cichlids the parents i believe are butterfly ram they are orange with two black dots on their sides. the other two are yellow. i think cockatoo. then i have a panther catfish. and then 4 tetra, two have white bodies with a black tail maybe rasbora and the other two look like the bleeding heart but no red dots. i think they could be congo tetra. the parents have already killed one of the yellow cichlids and one tetra for no reason. i watch their behavior after they hatch their fry and they are very aggressive. all i want to do is is put one of the parents in with the 10 gallon with previous fry for good, but which one?

camero94
07-07-2009, 07:13 AM
4 dwarf cichlids, 2 orange with black dots on sides, and two yellow. the orange are the parents.a panther catfish. 4 tetra two with white body and black tail with red fins, and two neon. the parents have already killed one yellow cichlid. and 2 tetras. i need to know which parent to put into the 10 gallon with the other fry. i want to keep them apart for ever because every time they hatch fry they start killing my other fish

cer
07-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Any pics? Do the yellow ones have black fins?