PDA

View Full Version : I want a goldfish.

Ashley
07-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I want to get a goldfish for my 30 gallon, looking at my sig and my current inhabitants, is this possible? I was thnking maybe a black moore. or something with black and orange. will they tear up my live plants or eat them? I have vals, anubias, java fern, copperleafs and a sword.

megastealer
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
The black and orange would probably be a calico colored goldfish. I've seen people put goldfish in those types of tanks... however goldfish are actually schooling fish so it would probably be happier with some friends.

Mvjnz
07-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Goldfish are better kept by themselves, because they get so big and will eat most smaller fish (the minnows would be in danger). Also they need to kept at least two together, because they are very social fish and have social structures within their groups.

I think you should get a 50 gallon and keep 2-3 goldfish by themselves in it.

MrJim
07-02-2009, 02:37 AM
I've had my gold comet now for just over 2 years~~I've had to remove two small cories she tried to eat~guess the neons & danios are too quick for her. I figure she sucked them up when she was plowing the gravel, picking up mouthfuls and spitting them out so I don't have any bottom feeders anymore because of her. She's the family favorite since she's been around so longthumbs2: , always comes to the front glass when I come to it and nibbles my finger when I put it in the water..