PDA

View Full Version : How long till I can

GeneralGoldeneye
06-29-2009, 11:29 PM
I was wondering when a good time is to add crabs snails shrimp or any of them??

MonkeyPox
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
As long as the tank is cycled and they have a food source, you can add them anytime.

GeneralGoldeneye
06-29-2009, 11:54 PM
As long as the tank is cycled and they have a food source, you can add them anytime.

what would there food source be?? I have a lot of brown Algae growing in it

MonkeyPox
06-29-2009, 11:56 PM
You'd have to research the invert that you wanted and check.
You can always add algae wafers.

travie
06-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Hermit crabs and snails, you can usually add relatively soon after your tank as completely cycled. I would say a week or two after the cycle as completed. With shrimp, I would wait a minimum of a month after a cycle has completely before adding a shrimp. Shrimp tend to be more sensitive then hermit crabs and snails.

coachfraley
06-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Hermit crabs and snails, you can usually add relatively soon after your tank as completely cycled. I would say a week or two after the cycle as completed. With shrimp, I would wait a minimum of a month after a cycle has completely before adding a shrimp. Shrimp tend to be more sensitive then hermit crabs and snails.

TOTALLY agree with Travie on this one. I learned this lesson the hard way. I added a shrimp about 2 weeks after I cycled my first tank, and the shrimp only lasted a week.

GeneralGoldeneye
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
ok thank you....

It has only been a little over a week since my tank has cycled

.: JaCkPoT :.
08-29-2009, 01:39 PM
if you have live rock then the shrimps could eat the small isopods out of them and the hermit crabs will most likely eat the hair algae :)