PDA

View Full Version : appetite loss

lef22
06-27-2009, 02:14 PM
for the past few days i noticed an appetite loss at my betta.He doesn't eat almost any of his flakes.He'll bite them while they float and as soon as they sink he'll ignore them. also he spits out any part of the flake he ate.
Another thing i have noticed is that the edge of his fins(his tail especially)is white.However these are new fins growing so maybe it's just them being new.
Should i be worried?

Northernguy
06-27-2009, 02:17 PM
What size tank is the beta in?
When was the last water change?
Have you tested the water? Is it alone in the tank?

Sarkazmo
06-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Was this the betta that got beat up badly? The one that had his fins all nipped up?

If so you need to watch water quality VERY closely. One of our bettas got a fungus and lost most of his fins. If his water quality was down a little bit he would not eat. PRISTINE is where the water needs to be in a situation like I've described. If he still refuses to eat you might want to try frozen brine shrimp or live if you can get 'em.

The fins being white at the tips is new growth. As long as it's not fuzzy looking it should be ok. Just keep a very close eye on him. Fungus and such things can get out of hand VERY quickly.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Sark

lef22
06-27-2009, 03:48 PM
the tank is small, less than a gallon, but i figured that since he's an anabanthoid, and since the tank is small enough to enable regular water changes easily, it doesn't matter.Plus he is constantly making a buble nest so that must be a good sign.i eveb fasted him for one day without results!