PDA

View Full Version : catfish death

lef22
06-24-2009, 09:22 AM
hi i'm not sure if my catfish are predatory but i read somewhere that they prey on small fish so..
Anyway one week ago i got 2 bumblebee catfish.Two days ago one of them started acting weird.It was swimming all over the tank in the midle of the day(nocturnal catfish..), or resting behind the filter with one of it's sides actually touching the surface.Also it would't eat.In the afternoon it went to hide in the valisneria at the back of the tank and soon after it must have died.The other day i woke up to find it in the exact same position and realised it had died.It's colours had all faded.
My second catfish looks fine but i'm a bit concerned..
Any ideas of the cause of death?

Lady Hobbs
06-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Your tank is not yet cycled. I just commented about bottom feeders in uncycled tanks in your other thread.

Wild Turkey
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Your tank is not yet cycled. I just commented about bottom feeders in uncycled tanks in your other thread.

Our lady cycle is back on the prowl :hmm3grin2orange: thumbs2:

lef22
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
i suppose you're right.wau..i've had the fish for a week and have driven this forum crazy with all the posts..sorry
One of my friends searched the topic a bit because he was curious and said that multiple fish af this species don't get along well in a tank...i think he was right.the second catfish seems to be happier than ever.

rangur1
07-05-2009, 04:09 AM
it is possible this species has an aggressive nature towards cospecifics.
read up on this fish and check water quality just to be sure. okay?