PDA

View Full Version : New babies

William
06-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Well you all know this would happen. I have two more babies. Two more half moon conures that was living in terrible conditions and needed saving. The bigger one should be a lot bulkier at that age/size. It hasn't gotten enough food. That brings the totall up to 6. In the wild they live in groups of 10-20 animals so I might get a few more to give them a natural social life as I have the space to do so. Somehow I don't think I will need to plan for that though. The birds or an old lady who wants to get rid of some birds will likely find me:hmm3grin2orange:
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/new1.jpg
The older very thin conure

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/new2.jpg
Very poor picture of the smaller one. This one brook my heart in the conditions they were
living before and will need a lot of love and care. (sorry for the poor pic)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/new3.jpg
Agent Orange checking out the little runt. Under strict supervision of course.

Gayle
06-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Awe that poor baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you have him now!!!!!

That little guy needs some major TLC!!! Hope those feet turn out to be ok.

William
06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
I hope so too. They look very very strange. But it might just be that he is not strong enough to keep them as they should be.

Sharon
06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
My goodness, William! The little guy looks pretty awful...the feet look deformed...can he walk properly? Some pretty bad plucking, too. Poor little guy!!! Good luck with him!

Gayle
06-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I assume that his feet are that way from lack of proper nail care, as well as malnutrition.

With a good diet, and a variety of things to perch on, it may correct.

Northernguy
06-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Good luck William!
They are beautiful but that poor little guy looks rough.I hope it gets use of those feet.

rich311k
06-23-2009, 12:27 AM
The poor little things. Good luck with them.

Drumachine09
06-23-2009, 12:44 AM
We've got a sun conure at work that is full of piss and vinegar. Are all conures awnry? He is very well behaved, but he likes to get into trouble.

HorrorShowRot
06-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Poor birdy hope you heal em up good:P

William
06-23-2009, 02:02 AM
I hope it gets use of those feet.

I assume that his feet are that way from lack of proper nail care, as well as malnutrition.

With a good diet, and a variety of things to perch on, it may correct.

It is likely mainly malnutrition. Judging by the length of some of the few tail feathers it has left (3) it seems to be waaay to old to be that small, I would guess as old as the larger one. We will se what a good diet and a lot of food can do. I think one of the feet will improve but I not as sure when it comes to the other. I hope it will and will do what I can for the little guy. He now lives in a box next to my computer so that he will get a lot of food and attention. Once it get a little stronger ( 2-3 days) I will start giving it things to perch on but right now it doesn't seem strong enough to do that.

My goodness, William! The little guy looks pretty awful...the feet look deformed...can he walk properly?

He walks like he was on stilts and mostly just sit in the same place.

Some pretty bad plucking, too. Poor little guy!!!
Yes. They seem to pluck and bully the runts. Once the runts have been a separated from the rest and given a lot of food they can usually be returned to the group and accepted once they grow a little.

We've got a sun conure at work that is full of piss and vinegar. Are all conures awnry? He is very well behaved, but he likes to get into trouble.

Mine are dolls. Not an angry bone in their body. It might not get handled enough.

Hailey
06-23-2009, 04:50 AM
Holy I hope they get better soon!!!
Im glad thier in your hands!

William
06-23-2009, 05:02 AM
One of them are healthy but to thin. That will recover no problem.

The small one is the problem and we will se what happens with that one. I am not sure they foot will correct itself but at the very least I think it will become healthy enough to have a happy life.

Kyle
06-23-2009, 06:03 AM
I want one

Kaz
06-23-2009, 03:49 PM
So where did you get them and what were their living conditions?

William
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
They lived with an old poor lady who claimed she loved parrots but obviously don't know how to care for them. Their home was a bucket that seemed like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. She was saving money for a cage in the future (a cage is $6). However since then I have heard that she has 4 more which might explain why she after some discussion agreed to give up these two. I will look into that and their health condition as soon as I can.

It is a real problem here. People who love animals put are too poor to give them a decent life. They try (they should get credit for that) but all they end up doing is keeping the animals in poor condition and make their own existence a little poorer as they needed to take some money they need for other things to feed their animals. You see this a lot in very emaciated dogs. You can’t but feel sorry for both the animals and the people.

Kaz
06-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Maybe you can work out something where you get the birds and she is allowed to stop by your sanctuary to see them or something?

I'm sure she wouldn't mind that.

Sorry for the little one.

William
06-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Sorry for the late reply kaz.

That might be an option and I could sure suggest it if it turns out the info is good. I don't know if she would go for it though as she would have quite a long trip by bus to get to me. The bus is slow and it would be almost 1h each way.

I am sure I can figure something out. I will keep you updated and tomorrow I will find out if she has the other birds or not.

William
06-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Well I have confirmed that she has 4 more and am trying to get her to give them up. I haven't actually seen them yet so I can't say anything about their conditions.

Gayle
06-25-2009, 02:00 AM
I really hope she gives them to you William. That would be the best thing for them.