PDA

View Full Version : I lost my little lady

fraggle
06-21-2009, 10:03 PM
It's my fault. I was told that having just 2 fronts was not a good idea. Impulsive buy couldn't leave them where they were because I wanted them looked after properly, but I didn't even do that myself.:scry:

My bloke has been hasselling her non stop from day 1. I was told that would happen. I've got lots of hiding places for her that he couldn't get to, but she was still stressed.

Then to top it all off, I mixed up the nets the otherday. I used the net that is for Oscars tank to fish some left over food out of the front's tank. Bruce (my tandanus) and Okka had that weird fungi thing happening, well because she was obviously stressed etc, she got it. I didn't see it on her at first. I only noticed the fungi last night, and it was only yesterday morning on my way out the door to work that I'd noticed that I'd used the wrong net (flaming kids! Well actually I suppose I should have labled them better so I couldn't mix them up instead of just going by the little bump on the end of the handle)

Well I couldn't see any fungi on her before last night, but she's hard to get a good look at because she's usually hiding from my bloke. But she was out last night, had really bad float, which was why I saw her. I'd been at work from 7am-6pm, so didnt' really see her yesterday or I would've started treating the tank in the morning. Her gills were covered in the white stuff. Poor little girl.
I did another water change last night (only did the usual one 3 days ago) and dosed the tank with Melafix and Pimafix, but she was gone this morning. My sister thinks I'm nuts sitting here crying over a fish. But they are still pets and I love them.

I feel so bad. If I hadn't have bought just the 2 of them and put them in the 55G, when there should have been at least 5 or 6 of them and in a 120G, she might still be here. It really is no ones fault but mine.

Impulsive buys where you don't really have the right set up "but will get one soon" just don't work!!! Lesson learned. The hard way.:scry: :scry: :scry:

Northernguy
06-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear it!
Thats terrible news!

Crispy
06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
sorry to hear about your loss!... yeah, fronts like to be in a 'colony' type setting... at least you learned your lesson... can't beat yourself up forever over it...

Gayle
06-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Red
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
dang that really sucks, sorry fraggle.

rich311k
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I am sorry for you loss.

fraggle
06-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks guys:ssmile:

It does suck. Will do it properly next time. I think my bloke will be OK by himself. Does anyone know if they are alright by themselves? Figure if I take him to the LFS it'll probably be someone that only buys him that gets him anyway, as they don't have fronts in the LFS's here, so he'd be by himself if I got him or someone else.

Will wait til I get the tank for them before I get anymore, and do it right this time.

HorrorShowRot
06-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Brookfish
06-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys:ssmile:

It does suck. Will do it properly next time. I think my bloke will be OK by himself. Does anyone know if they are alright by themselves? Figure if I take him to the LFS it'll probably be someone that only buys him that gets him anyway, as they don't have fronts in the LFS's here, so he'd be by himself if I got him or someone else.

Will wait til I get the tank for them before I get anymore, and do it right this time.

I think he'll be fine where he is fraggle, at least he is used
to his surroundings, really sorry to hear you lost the little one.

sanddigger
06-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Ohh Fraggle I am soooo sorry for your loss. I too cry over my fish when they pass on. May she RIP.