PDA

View Full Version : Harls' 15G Reef Thread

Harls
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
OK, going to start a journal of my 15G!
Ok so here's the story...

Its a 15G, 2FT tank. I have T5's ( arrived yesterday, their awesome, i want some for my 3FT now...), a air power skimmer, a 50W heater, a ginormous power head ( i wanna get a new one... ), and quite a bit of coral rock I found at the beach. I just ordered 5kg (11lbs,) of live rock to seed it, hopefully hitchhikers, I'm going up to the coast in a week or so, so I will grab a bucket of sand from the beach ( I always look like a weirdo:P, but anything for the fish! ), and I might grab some snails off the rocks, I swear I could start a business selling them, there's 1000's just sitting there, so why not :P. I have a picture of it at the moment. which are attached, its looking good.

Did I miss anything?

Harls

Sharon
06-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Looks like a fun project! thumbs2: I know nothing about SW setups, so I can't offer anything helpful....

ILuvMyGoldBarb
06-20-2009, 01:49 PM
doesn't sound like you missed anything to me. Seems like you have a good start on things.

Harls
06-23-2009, 04:37 AM
Live rock arrived, and it really is live, i found at least 3 shrimp ( pistol i think ) some brittle starfish, a ton of worms, snails and tons of crabs.
I'll post some pics later, Harls

Harls
07-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Ok here's a picture of it now, I'm not a big fan of the live rock i got. I would of Rathered something that was more rounded rather than jagged, but all well.
I'll be getting sand in the next few days, and then i will officially sy the cycle has started. its a bit cloudy cause i jst boiled the rock and theres quite a bit of die off that wouldn;t come off, or was stuck in the rock. I added a power filter to try and get as much gunk out as possible. I'm thinking of maybe adding some carbon because of all the die off? of course the carbon and filter will be taken out in about a weeks time. Now for the picture!

AABatteries
07-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Looking fine. Your tank definitely looks better than mine did at first. :hmm3grin2orange:

Harls
07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
would a lawnmower blenny be alright in the tank with 2 clowns?
Harls

ILuvMyGoldBarb
07-13-2009, 10:06 AM
A Lawnmower Blenny would likely starve in a tank that small. They generally need systems with plenty of algae growth, or a larger system in order to thrive.

Harls
07-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Hey guys, i have added sand and clean up crew. Its looking great!
Better than what it was the other day :shappy:

Now for pics... can anyone tell me what type of snails these are?