PDA

View Full Version : Pandalize's 20g

pandalize
06-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Current Occupants: 1 male German Blue Ram, 1 female Gold Ram, 4 ? cories, 1 Male Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami, 3 Gold Dust Mollies, 3 Marble Mollies

Fish are all getting along really well, they have quite an interesting dynamic. Oscar and Sheila (the mom and dad of the tank) are kind to everyone. Sheila even protects the pregnant mollies from the mean male mollies. When they see me the swim right up to the glass, not intimidated by me, cameras, or the gravel vac at all. My gourami has yet to be named. I can't seem to find anything fitting! He's definitely not... the brightest... but he is gorgeous. Never seen one with such vibrant colors (same goes for my GBR!). My female mollies are very sweet (Betty, Veronica, Jules, KiKi) but my males are real agitators, and are a bit nippy (i'm refusing to name them until their attitude improves). All my cories are referred to as lil' guys until I can tell them apart better.

Found out my brother fed them WAY more than he was supposed to... my fish were little poo machines all night. I've been waiting for my first live birth, and the poo caused many false alarms!

I've ordered Java Fern and a new power filter, but I sent them to my college address instead of my home address. Whether or not I will ever receive them is still unknown.

Yay for my first journal entry! Hopefully many more to come.

robflanker
06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I think you are overstocked, or close to it. But i'll wait for someone else- im not sure of the bioload of the mollies.

You also want to think about getting 2 more corys of the same species as they are schooling fish. But wait till there is more stocking input

but congrats on your first journal entry thumbs2:

pandalize
06-17-2009, 03:50 AM
yeah, it will be overstocked in a few months. I have a tank waiting for me in lawrence that will be exclusively for my mollies. they aren't small enough to be a problem now.