PDA

View Full Version : Endler's Livebearers!

Willyleigh
03-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Today in my LFS I was looking for platies to go in my new tank, but spotted some of these little beauties next door to the platies, I bought one male and three females for a reduced price of £10!

The man in the shop told me that I would soon have more fish as they breed so quickly, but I think that my females may already be pregnant, they look fat enough, is there any other way to tell?

Another bit of good news, Endler's eat algae! Saves me buying some shrimp!!

Drumachine09
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Endlers are also known as feeder guppies. Thay might explain why you got them so cheap

Glasstapper
03-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow, I didn't know they ate algae. Bonus! :D

Willyleigh
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Endlers are also known as feeder guppies. That might explain why you got them so cheap

They are not cheap, bar my yoyo loaches, they are the most expensive fish I have ever bought!!

And they were being used as feeders in their piranha tank, there was lots of java moss and floating plants and the babies sheltered in there and when they left they got eaten.

Drumachine09
03-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh, i dont know how a pound(i dont have the symbol) realates to a dollar. Anyone know the exchange rate?

cocoa_pleco
03-10-2007, 04:46 PM
just type in rate exchange in google.

Drumachine09
03-10-2007, 04:49 PM
1 Usd=.51 Gbp

Willyleigh
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
yes, thats about right!!

Lauren B.
03-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Now I'm no expert (that's why I usually only post in the beginner's section), but I think I may have spotted some Endler's today...or at least Endler's mixes? You be the judge....

I went to Petsmart and in their male guppy tank labeled "Lyretail Delta Guppies", there were about 3 guppies which very much looked like the coloring of Endlers....light lime green mixed with a touch of yellow, with a few spots of orange. The colors looked slightly muted and less vibrant than the pics I see of true Endler's. I have not yet seen a guppy with these colors. These three were so unique that they stood out and I immediately spotted them as Endlers. However, the fish were guppy-sized, and they did have a lyretail, which I know is not characteristic.

So what do you think? Did I experience an Endler/Endler hybrid sighting? The fish I saw looked very much like this little guy, but with a lyretail and the colors were slightly less vibrant.

Willyleigh
03-11-2007, 07:44 AM
It may have been a guppy/endler's hybrid, which often look similar to endler's!

Hope that helps