PDA

View Full Version : ShadoWolf's 10-Gallon Adventures!

ShadoWolf800
06-09-2009, 03:02 AM
I have:
6 ghost shrimp (Hickory, Dickory, Doc, Master Fuu, 2 Unnamed)
2 Red Wag Platies (Sanza [male], Unnamed [female])
1 Austrailan Rainbowfish (Skittles)

June 8, 2009

Everything is going swimingly (bad pun) in my tank so far. My female platy was pregnant, and she had the fry while I was at school... Poor things. Sanza is always chasing after the female, and Skittles like to keep to himself. He's voracious during feeding time though! Like a mini paranah! Hickory, Dickory, and Doc like to huddle in the corner near plants, or near the sides of the tank, but they come out at feeding time. (Cutie! ^^) Master Fuu sits up on the plants like some kind of king. Pics will be up soon!

Gayle
06-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Cant wait to see the pics!!! Love the names so far!!!! Hickory, Dickory and Doc!!! Love it!!! LOL

ShadoWolf800
06-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Wow! A lot happened... Hickory and Doc ate Dickory, and Doc died... RIP guys... :scry:

Sanza is harassing Lexie all the time, so I'll have to get another female platy. Skittles is "yawning" He'll stop in mid-swim and open his mouth REALLY wide and he'll be fine.

AABatteries
06-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Ghost shrimp tend to go fast. They're cool while they last though. I had one, somehow, get out of my tank and onto my glass canopy and fried by 78w of t5ho lighting.

Also, is Skittles doing that regulary or just once in a while? If its regulary, there might be something wrong.

Gayle
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Have you tested the water lately??? Can you post the results??

Sorry for your losses. :(

iZinedane
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Have you tested the water lately??? Can you post the results??

Sorry for your losses. :(

loss? :goldfish: :goldfish:

Gayle
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
loss? :goldfish: :goldfish:

I am pretty sure that losses is the plural of loss. But I could be wrong.

Either way I am sorry that Dickory and Doc are dead. :scry:

iZinedane
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I am pretty sure that losses is the plural of loss. But I could be wrong.

Either way I am sorry that Dickory and Doc are dead. :scry:

oh you mean the 2nd post sorry
kinda missed it (blush)

and im sorry for your loss :(

iZinedane
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
and was the tank cycled?

Northernguy
06-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your fish!
How was your tank cycled?
How long ago did the cycle finish?
With livebearers such as platys you should have at least 2 females per male!
They do get chased around a lot and this will give some variety for the male!

ShadoWolf800
06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
....Cycled?
I just changed 25% of the water last Sunday, and Skittles dosn't "yawn" all that much. The rest of the fish and shrimp seem to be fine, and I'm gonna get a Ph testing kit tomorrow :D. At PetSmart, they test water for free, but I can't do that for long... Thank you all! I've learned more from you guys than anything!

iZinedane
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
....Cycled?
I just changed 25% of the water last Sunday, and Skittles dosn't "yawn" all that much. The rest of the fish and shrimp seem to be fine, and I'm gonna get a Ph testing kit tomorrow :D. At PetSmart, they test water for free, but I can't do that for long... Thank you all! I've learned more from you guys than anything!

how long has been the tank setup?

ShadoWolf800
06-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Its been set up for a month and 2 weeks.