PDA

View Full Version : disappearing shrimp

FlyingDutchman
06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
I've been keeping an amano shrimp in a 3gal eclipse tank with two zebra danios in my son's room for about the last three months. I've been really proud of the shrimp because she had molted a few times and appeared to be trying to lay eggs here in the last few weeks. BUT, yesterday I could not find her in the tank. I know they are pretty good at hiding, but I really looked for her, and nothing. Today, I took the filter assembly all apart to see if she might have somehow got stuck in there, but nothing again. I suppose my question is this, if for some reason she died, would the danios eat the remains? I am really puzzled. Gimme some possibilities...

Wild Turkey
06-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I've been keeping an amano shrimp in a 3gal eclipse tank with two zebra danios in my son's room for about the last three months. I've been really proud of the shrimp because she had molted a few times and appeared to be trying to lay eggs here in the last few weeks. BUT, yesterday I could not find her in the tank. I know they are pretty good at hiding, but I really looked for her, and nothing. Today, I took the filter assembly all apart to see if she might have somehow got stuck in there, but nothing again. I suppose my question is this, if for some reason she died, would the danios eat the remains? I am really puzzled. Gimme some possibilities...

Oh yea, the danios will quickly start to eat anything dead in the tank.