PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch again...

macd
03-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi,

After moving 4 years ago - and having two children who would both like to see "Nimo" - both under 3 (not going to happen as I do not know the first thing about saltwater aquariums), I have finally been allowed by the wife to get the aquarium out of the attic. It was a very functional aquarium back in the old house and was in use for around 5 yeas and saw many varied varieties of warm fresh water fish.

I am obviosly going back to the drawing board on this and the tank is sitting empty beind me at the moment - very sad state!!

I remember getting started last time took a while - 2-3months if I remember rightly, before every fish I added had a chance of survival.

I am going to the "pet" shop tomorrow for some new gravel and filters and am looking for advice on the cleanest way of starting this back up. I do not trust "pet" shops as per other log on this site - they are only out to sell stock in the majority of cases.

Any advice would be beneficial as I looked up most of my past experienceon the web and this looks like a friendly place.

Thanks in anticipation

MacD

William
03-12-2006, 07:35 AM
I recommed that you download our free Ebook about freshwater aquariums which will tell you everything you need to know to start it up. if you have any more specific question i'll be more than happy to answer them.

macd
03-16-2006, 07:17 PM
have done - very good and thanks

MacD