PDA

View Full Version : The plan for my new 20 tall!

pandalize
06-07-2009, 08:32 PM
1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
2 German Blue Rams
4 Panda Cories
5 Sunset Platies

thoughts?

oh, quick question. can you mix different color varieties of the cories and platies? or would it be best to get the same type?

PostalPenguin
06-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Platys are fine mixed, they will interbreed and you'll get some interesting color outcomes. I have twinbars and tuxedos mixed together. Corys need to be in groups of their own since they will segregate.

cer
06-08-2009, 12:01 AM
I think that will a nice tank. Make sure you get one male and one female ram.

pandalize
06-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I think that will a nice tank. Make sure you get one male and one female ram.
Yep, i've got a male one right now. We only have this tiny little fish store here, so it might be awhile until I can track down a female. Anyone know any good places to buy fish online?

Jacko
06-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Best place to find good quality fish IMO is www.aquabid.com, just check the sellers feedback before bidding.

It looks pretty good stocking wise, but I'd do at least 5 pandas. Make sure you have a soft sandy substrate for the cories to prevent them harming their barbels.thumbs2:

wolf_eyes
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
i think this might work a little better as a long rather than a tall just to give everyone a little more room away from each other.

jaysee
06-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Pandas are smaller than other corys and would be good for a 20L, but I think pygmies are a much better fit to a 20H. I base this on the fact that I have a 20H next to a 29 (same footprint as a 20L) with corys. They definitely like having a bunch of friends and larger schools tend to school more. I've kept corys with gravel and have not run into any issues. The ones in the tank I switched to sand don't seem to care either way, IMO.