PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need suggestions!

Zepher03
03-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi,
I own a male betta and i've had him for about two months now. I have been keeping him at my boyfriends house because his house is smaller and it' keeps warmer at night. I don't have him in a heated tank. He's in a round bowl. Yesterday my boyfriend and i split up and i get Zepher. I have an aquarium set up already with 7 goldfish, 2 are spade tail goldfish i think...someone told me that i`m not sure if it even exsits. But i would like to know if i can put Zepher in the tank, i don`t want them eating him because my goldfish already ate the smallest a little while ago. here are some pictures of my tank
ps sorry the pics are so big! :15:

cocoa_pleco
03-09-2007, 04:13 AM
what size tank is that? goldfish need 20g each, so i think youre fully stocked

Drumachine09
03-09-2007, 04:14 AM
How big is the tank gallons wise?

Chrona
03-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Unfortunately, goldfish and bettas are not really compatible. Bettas are tropical fish, and so require heated water ~ mid/high 70's, whereas goldfish like cold water. If at all possible, I would get a 2.5g seperate heated betta tank and seed it with some of the bacteria from the goldfish tank.

Drumachine09
03-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Unfortunately, goldfish and bettas are not really compatible. Bettas are tropical fish, and so require heated water ~ mid/high 70's, whereas goldfish like cold water. If at all possible, I would get a 2.5g seperate heated betta tank and seed it with some of the bacteria from the goldfish tank.

For 30 dollars you can get a minibow 2.5 with an "ok" heater. For 30 bucks you can also get a beautiful hex 5 gallon wiht a penguin biowheel. i Almost got one, but i bout fishing stuff instead:4: :1:

Zepher03
03-09-2007, 04:28 AM
I'm not to sure how big the tank is, my uncle is the one who takes care of it, but he didn't say. I saw those hexagon tanks at petcetera but they are about 40 here, the had a nice tank on sale for 20, but i don't know if it comes heated, i'll ask tomorrow, but i don't really trust them, they told me just to keep him in his cup of doom when i bougth him.

Drumachine09
03-09-2007, 04:29 AM
The cup is the worst place for them. See if it is possible to even get him in a bowl rather than the cup, then get a bigger tank for him.

cocoa_pleco
03-09-2007, 04:33 AM
get a 2.5g with 50w heater