PDA

View Full Version : Camel Shrimp

squirt_12
06-07-2009, 12:04 AM
The past little while I have been thinking about getting 1-2 Camel Shrimp but I am not sure yet. I have two tanks currently setup and they are a 3.5g and a 10g. The 3.5g is a year old and the 10g is around 8 months old. For the shrimp, I have been thinking it would be cool to put 1 or 2 in the 3.5g and make it a shrimp tank, but I'm not sure if they would do fine in that small of a tank. I have seen people have cleaner shrimp in 2g tanks so I figured it might be ok.
The 3.5g has stable parameters and it has housed a blue damsel for over 2 months now with no problems. I am going to be taking the damsel out and putting him in the 10g to allow for the shrimp, if they are ok in that tank.

So my question really is, would 1-2 Camel Shrimp be ok in a 3.5g tank?

EDIT - The tank has roughly 4-5# of LR in it.

unleashed
06-07-2009, 06:40 AM
probably not.

Especially with that damsel (who shouldn't be in there anyway) who will be very very territorial even to shrimp in that small of a tank.

Also you will have a very hard time trying to keep the parameters stable in such a small water volume.

squirt_12
06-07-2009, 01:57 PM
probably not.
Ok thanks. I know the Blue Damsel shouldn't be in there but he was tiny tiny when I got him so I just stuck him in there for the mean time while I got my other fish for the 10g. He IS moving to the 10g sometime this week.
Also, the parameters have been stable for the past year and even with the damsel in there, so they should stay stable.

oldhead
06-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd be on the look out also regarding the damsel. Any reason that you're looking to camels? I had 2 in my tank and they ripped apart a hammer. Left a bad impression for me.

squirt_12
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Well with the Damsel, he wouldn't be in the same tank as the shrimp. I would remove him from the tank for the shrimp. I was looking at the camel shrimp just because I think that they have great colour to them and would be a nice addition. I don't have any coral in the tank so I wouldn't have to worry about that.