PDA

View Full Version : 29 Gallon bio Cube Problem

Bretthediver
06-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I Have a HUGE problem with my 29 Gallon Bio cube.. The problem is when the High beam lights come on the Fans in the tank make a ZZZZZZZZZZZ sound like there hitting something i checked and there not has anyone else had this problem??? Please Help :help: :help: :help: :help:

unleashed
06-07-2009, 07:25 AM
I m not familiar with this product. However, the best advice I would give is to contact whoever sold it to you to try and resolve the problem

saix88
06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
It does it for mine and the one at work. Pound on the top till it stops, that always fixes it=/

oldhead
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Could it just be that the fans are needing to be replaced? If you have a warranty you might try that approach.

chris40oz77
06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
We had a 14 gallon bio cube that did the same thing (among other problems). After replacing the ballast(sp) the manufacturer replaced the entire top. That fixed the buzzing problem we had.

Personally, I'm not a fan of bio cubes at all. I had one of the ballast go out, the top replaced, and the second ballast go out. All within 4 months. That tank is now sitting in the garage.

gem
06-08-2009, 02:35 AM
My 14 gal bio cube does that too. It eventually stops but it's annoying as heck. Sometimes turning the lights off then back on helps....but rarely.

rageybug
06-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Could it be from salt creep?

gem
06-08-2009, 03:03 AM
Mine's done that from brand new.

Bretthediver
06-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I Have a HUGE problem with my 29 Gallon Bio cube.. The problem is when the High beam lights come on the Fans in the tank make a ZZZZZZZZZZZ sound like there hitting something i checked and there not has anyone else had this problem??? Please Help :help: :help: :help: :help:

Okay Thank You everyone for you help.. =)

But after taking it off (the top) i opened it and checked everything since i am kinda of a computer and tech dude i noticed the fans did have a lot of dust so i cleaned them and i also noticed the fans are small and that i think the way they put it in was bad i did two tricks turned of the lights for 20 -25 min and it stooped and 5 min later my dad put the back cover down to hard and i was like psh and hit it in the middle the problem with hitting it it might crack the plastic so ya this is my first fish tank and no way will i get rid of it.. Thanks for you help everyone!! =) =)