PDA

View Full Version : Some pond Pics!

Northernguy
06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Here is a couple of pics of a freinds pond.It has a pump that brings the water to the top of the rocks and it runs down as a natural water fall.
When it rains it really has a nice flow! lol
The pond at the bottom is hard to see .I guess its about 60gals.
He had koi in there one year but he is never home for long and it wasn't worth the extra effort.Besides its too small.There is a lot of wildlife that comes out of the bush on top of that rock,bears ,lynx,and few other good fishers.:19:
When he bought the house it had a 6ft deep lined pond in the center but its not what he wanted to keep.We almost put a huge jacuzzi in there! lol

This other pond I drive by daily.I'm impressed with it so far.They still have a ton of gardening they are doing to finish it off.Hopefully they will join after seeing it posted here.I did tell them I was going to post the pics.They did not mind.

iZinedane
06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
thats a pretty cool pond thumbs2:

smaug
06-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Thats a dandy!I like the rockwork and the stream/falls.

Northernguy
06-06-2009, 09:21 PM
LOL Which one?
The first is all natural.He got the idea for it one rainy day!
The second has some serious current!It is a nice pond and will great once they finish planting but the location is what ruined it for me.Its in the front yard!At least everybody gets to enjoy it.They may even get some fish and bring them in during the winter months.