PDA

View Full Version : Would this work for high light plants?

Owlbehere
06-03-2009, 03:09 AM
I want to set up a 29g high light tank. An Angel fish and maybe some cory or rummy nose tetra. But mainly just the angel and plants. I need CO2 right, Can I do DIY with this? Or do I need Pressurized?

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18369/si1381733/cl0/currentusasatellitedual302x65wattpowercompactstrip lightwlunarlight ?

As with the other tank questions it will be next year before I can do anything, but I'm planning now.

korith
06-03-2009, 03:32 AM
I have a light similar to that on my tank. It works fine. DIY co2 solutions like the soda bottles and a homemade diffuser work fine. But its a bit hard to control and keep a constant amount of co2, as the bottle empties. Remember to have an air pump going at night, else you'll wind up with dead fish by morning, if you're doing co2. You can get by w/o any co2 setups. Just need another carbon source, like those found in plant ferts.

Try just setting up your tank the way you like it, add your plants and see how they do. If it looks like your plants need more help, try dry ferts, then if you really want to get into co2. This way you can work out a good balance.

Owlbehere
06-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Cool thanks