PDA

View Full Version : Betta Disease

JZA247
06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
My Betta has a strange white lump right between its pelvic fins, only one, its been a few weeks now, ive tried multi-cure and i now have special whitespot rapid cure, but i was wondering if it sounds like something different.

thrakuarium
06-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Can't say too much based on the info. Is it a lump growing on the scales, under the scales, fuzzy or not ? Here's a couple links you can research to help diagnose it

http://www.healthybetta.com/

http://www.jbl.de/onlinehospitaluk/perpicture/index.php?Step=2&GalleryId=2

good luck

invadertoast
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Is it a female? Their "egg spot" looks like a small white lump, right between the pelvic fins.

JZA247
06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh wow, it seems he is actually a she haha, i bought it as a male and she is very colourful and menacing. Ill post some pictures soon, thanks for the help guys.

invadertoast
06-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I picked up an extra colorful "female" that turned out to be a very feisty plakat male. On the other hand I've seen some very colorful females, some of which look like young males. Definately post some pics so we can be 100% sure it's a female and not a problem :)

Gayle
06-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Good point Invadertoast!!!! I have seen the same!!! Besides pics are always welcomed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mvjnz
06-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Males also have egg spots sometimes..

invadertoast
06-03-2009, 03:13 AM

Good point, when I first got my plakat and thought he was female I spent hours trying to decide if I saw an egg spot or not. It was very difficult to tell, but his spot went away as he got larger.

Paleofish
06-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Good point, when I first got my plakat and thought he was female I spent hours trying to decide if I saw an egg spot or not. It was very difficult to tell, but his spot went away as he got larger.

Same thing happen to me:fish:

JZA247
06-04-2009, 09:01 AM

Thats what i think it is actually, i read into it more and im pretty sure its a male with the egg spot as he is only young.

Sorry i still dont have pics, camera doesnt take very good ones from outside the tank. Thanks everyone.