PDA

View Full Version : Betta wants a friend?

pandalize
06-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Okay, so maybe I want him to have some friends. My betta steve is really docile and sweet, not aggressive or territorial at all from what I've seen. I've got him in a heated/filtered 5.5 gallon right now, and i'm kinda thinking of getting 2-3 cory cats. Is this a horrible idea? Anyone had luck with this combo?

Northernguy
06-01-2009, 11:41 PM
It would work great if you had a ten gallon tank and were thinking about dwarf corys.
With a 5.5 I say get a snail.Its too small for other fish.
Its definately too small for corys.

Gayle
06-01-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree with Ray. 5.5g is too small for a group of cories, but if it was a 10g the would get along just great!!!

aquapod
06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I have my Betta with a ghost shrimp. They get along great and its always fun to see the shrimp swimming around.

Sarkazmo
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I have my Betta with a ghost shrimp. They get along great and its always fun to see the shrimp swimming around.

My Betta, Sancho, got along great with his Ghost Shrimp. They died (new tank) so I got him three more GS companions. Within minutes one of the shrimp (the smallest) grabbed a hold of Sancho's tail and started nibbling bits off his tail!!! Sancho shook it off and I decided to remove them at tank maintenance that evening but I never got a chance. Sancho went homicidal and killed the two small shrimp in rapid succession... the larger one disappeared a couple days later.

I thought that they got along great too.... heh

Sark

PS: Sancho seems to get along well with his Black Mystery snails.