PDA

View Full Version : What brands to you feed to your shrimp?

DrNic
05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
I've been told to stay away from copper when feed my shrimp. As I look at the ingredients in the various foods I have I see copper, of one kind or another, as an ingredient in almost all the foods, including the shrimp pellets.

What brands of food are people using to feed their shrimp?

MCHRKiller
05-31-2009, 10:37 PM
I feed Hikari Shrimp Cuisine and Aqueon Bottom Feeder Tabs so far the Aqueon does contain Copper Sulfate but its apparently in a low enough concentration that it doesnt bother the shrimp, thats what the guy I bought them from fed them so hey it works. Mine also get some fresh zuchinni in addition to what algae is in the tank.

Gemini
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
I feed my cherries Hikari Crab Cuisine and algae rocks. I grow the algae rocks in my other tanks and just pop them in when nice and green. The Crab Cuisine I crush up a bit and feed.

korith
05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
I've mostly been sticking to hikari crab cuisine too. About 8 months ago the fish club I go to, was giving away these small free packets of it. I still been feeding from those free packets hehe. Just to vary it I'll drop in other foods as well, that don't have copper in them like Hikari algae wafers. Anyhow just having enough plants in the tank, they will scavenge enough to get by.

DrNic
06-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Looks like I'll have to find some hikari crab cuisine. I've been feeding some flake food supplimented with freeze dried blood worms that I crushed up good.

Red
06-01-2009, 01:23 AM
I feed hikari algae wafers and sinking wafers..

Fishguy2727
06-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I feed New Life Spectrum.

Copper is actually a vital trace element that an animal, including shrimp and other inverts, can die without. It is higher levels that must be avoided, but the trace amounts in foods is put there for a reason.