PDA

View Full Version : 49 Tall or 55 Long?

Braccus
05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
What would be the best option if I want adult Angels?

Detroit_Doug
05-31-2009, 06:42 PM
What would be the best option if I want adult Angels?

Personally Ive always liked the look of tall tanks, but the overall factor here is the style of activity of the fish living in the tank not the aesthetics of the looks
So I would personally go for the 55G long over a 49G tall as fish prefer to swim at levels and as you would prefer to walk a level sidewalk rather than up and down stairs all day the long will give more space for casual swimming as well as current swimming against powerheads or filter dump locations into and along with any flow/currents created

Just my thoughts on it - YMMV

Detroit Doug

Little Embers
05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I think that with Angels, you need a taller tank as opposed to length, mainly due to the size that their finnage will get to. You often hear of Angels hat have bent dorsal fins because of inadequate height space.

DrNic
06-01-2009, 02:52 AM
I would go with the 55 long, more space is always better with angels. Angels do need their space for proper growth but in both the 49 and 55 you'll have more than enough height for proper fins. With a 55 long you'll also have more room for territory and/or schooling if you get more than one angel.

rangur1
06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
how about a 75? it has excellent height and it's only 4 feet long , same as 55, in case you have space restrications plus this tank has superior o2 exchange versus a 49 tall based on surface area. and the 75 should be comparatively priced. check it out.

Tigerbarb
06-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd go with the 55g, as it is both tall enough and long enough for angelfish.