PDA

View Full Version : Our female clown is a PITA, lol

labnjab
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Our female clown was really getting on my nerves yesterday and I think she really hates me for some reason. I had to make some adjustments to some coral yesterday. The first thing I wanted to do was move my elkhorn, so I pick it up and she slams into my hand hard, which I wasn't expecting it so it startled me (it kinda hurt too) and it knocked the elkhorn off the frag. So I'm digging around for the elkhorn in the back of the tank and she slams me again.

This time I knock my green cap off the rock that it was mounted to and it blows too the back of the tank. So I'm now digging around for 2 coral and find them both and get them on my frag rack because I don't have any glue to mount them again. Then I position my green slimer where I want it and she hits me yet again and my micro frag diji gets broken off the frag and its gone into the abyss. It was only 1/8 inch tall so I'll never find it.

I don't know what I've done wrong, but she hates me, lol and she packs a punch for a 2 and a half inch fish. If my fiance does something in the tank, even feeding the nem, she doesn't even touch her, but she can't stand me

Anyone else have a fish that just hates them, or does your clown pack a punch like she does, or is she just "Super Clown"? LOL Just thought I'd share something funny

coachfraley
05-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Lol, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Did you curse at her at all?:hmm3grin2orange:

I have carefully glued down frags, only to watch my female bulldoze them over. She clamps her mouth down on the frag and then swims full bore until the frag topples over. If it weren't so frustrating, it would be really funny. I am sure that someone watching my reaction would get a really good laugh.

Our relationship has gotten a little better recently. At least now I can clean the glass without her attacking me.

labnjab
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
lol, I was cursing under my breath, the little #$%&*. She's been getting worse as the months go on. At first she would occasionally give me a tap, but now since we got the nem and she's become extremely protective of it and her man, she comes at me full force no matter what I do.

coachfraley
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
You might have better luck doing your frag work after lights out.

When my female was really bad, I held a net in my left hand to fend her off, while I worked with my right hand.

labnjab
05-27-2009, 04:39 PM
You might have better luck doing your frag work after lights out.

When my female was really bad, I held a net in my left hand to fend her off, while I worked with my right hand.

I'll try at lights out tonight. I need to reattach the elkhorn to rock rubble and my caps back to the rock.

Luckily she leaves them alone once their in place unless their near the nem. She's not scared of anything. I tried using a turkey baster or tooth brush to fend her off and she tries yanking them out of my hand. She succeeded with the tooth brush several times. I swear she's the clown from hell:hmm3grin2orange:

tim k
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
It sounds like you would be better off letting your wife do the work LOL.
My Clowns are fairly gentle they take shrimp from my fingers without any hesitation at all.

Maybe thats what you need to do give the female a peace offering.

Tim

ILuvMyGoldBarb
05-27-2009, 10:17 PM
All of my fish seem to like me. In fact, I really wish my Foxface didn't like quite so much, I've had a couple of close calls with those venomous spines. LOL The only tank inhabitant that doesn't seem to like me poking around is my Coral Banded Shrimp. Clowns seem rather indifferent to me.

oldhead
05-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you need to learn who's tank that REALLY is, lol. Wierd though, I have not heard of anyone getting attacked by their fish. Would be funny to watch though. :14:

Kyle
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
My clown will eat out of my hand never attacked me. My peppermint also eats out of my hand. Now my firefish hides when my hand enters the tank

coachfraley
05-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Labnjab can attest to this, but clowns bite pretty hard. They almost break the skin.

labnjab
05-28-2009, 04:07 PM
I thought she was going to break skin, she does bite pretty hard. A friend locally has a 4-5 inch clarkii that has broken skin on him on several occasions. She certainly ownes the tank and I'm just the grounds keeper, lol.

Rue
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
My clowns don't mind me...if I'm in the tank they hang out in the anemone forest...

And they do come for food whenever they see me in the room...very endearing...:1luvu: