PDA

View Full Version : whats the diff of a dragon and a regular masked betta

that 1 guy
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
im really interested in dragon bettas but i never had one before n today i went to petco n i saw one dat looked like a dragon but i wasnt sure so i didnt buy it + his tail were damaged. but his body was bright green n he had a bit of a green mask n his fins were red. i herd that dragons were supposed to have a thick matalic coat but i dont know how one supposed to look like real life. just seen pictures only and sometimes the real thing isnt always like the pictures but i was wondering how i can tell if he was a dragon or if he was just a regular betta with a green mask srry i didnt take a pic of him but if u know anything about this tell me so if he is i can get him b4 someone else does:hmm3grin2orange:

Dave66
05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Considering the vast, and I mean vast, majorityof Bettas available are all the same species (Betta splendens) and color and fin variations are all man made by selective breeding over time, there's no genetic difference between them, so dragon Bettas I assume are another of the hundreds if not thousands of varieties of color and finnage? If the fish you are interested in has the metallic sheen on it, I'd buy it. However, tail damage can result in fungus attacking the dead cells there, so I'd be very conscious of the fish's condition once in your tank, and isolate and treat very quickly if you detect fungus there. Prognosis is excellent with early detection.

Dave

that 1 guy
05-27-2009, 08:15 AM
i think the reason his tail is damaged might b a sign that he is a tail biter but i really want a dragon so i can breed it with my HM and make some HM dragons but ill see if i really want it or not by tomorrow. but its a delta tail n its only for $7 and i already have 1 HM males, 1 OHM male n 3 HM females and im already planing to breed the to males next month already... but if that is a dragon i might not b able to get a dragon so cheep agin but if i get it im gonna want to breed it also.....imma have to really think about it for a bit more...