PDA

View Full Version : Bent tail (broken??)

hungryhound
03-06-2007, 02:43 AM
So I came home today and noticed that one of our zebrafish has a bent tail (i.e. it kinks upward.) We've had them for about 3 weeks now, and have gradually been adding new inhabitants to our tank. I should mention that we added 3 dwarf flame gouramis and 3 torquise rainbow fish on Sunday. We kept a close eye on everyone (though everything we'd read said they should all be compatible) and everything seemed fine (i.e. no fin nipping). Anyone have any ideas as to what might have happened (we also have 2 SAEs, but they were added a week after the zebrafish adn leave one another alone)? The zebra is swimming around, albeit slowly. Is their anything we need to be concerned about or do? Thanks!

Oh, I'm also trying to attach a photo of the fish (you're looking at his tail via his reflection), hopefully I do this correctly and it's not too large.

cocoa_pleco
03-06-2007, 02:48 AM
woah thats weird. I hope its not a form of tuberculosis.

hungryhound
03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Can anyone else confirm this diagnosis. I would like to be relatively sure that it could be TB before I euthanize the fish. Thanks.

Abbeys_Mom
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I would say it's TB. There isn't really any other reason for the bent tail.

hungryhound
03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
thanks for the second opinion.

hungryhound
03-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Well we caught the little guy after quite a bit of chasing (you truly realize how small zebrafish are in a 55g tank!). Now to keep an eye on the rest of the tank.