PDA

View Full Version : Betta food

Willyleigh
03-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Just been to my lfs to buy some amano shrimp to get rid of the algae in my 65l tank.

I also bought some betta food, and guess what, he doesn't eat it, fortunately the fish in the other tank do!!

He'll have to stick to the RED sinking pellets, he doesn't like the other colours :rolleyes:

bettaboy691
03-04-2007, 12:45 PM
dont worry, my bettas only eat red foods too, i bought tetra betta flakes, nope, just left them, he only eats bloodworms and hiraki pellets. atleast he eats.

Willyleigh
03-04-2007, 01:45 PM
dont worry, my bettas only eat red foods too, i bought tetra betta flakes, nope, just left them, he only eats bloodworms and hiraki pellets. atleast he eats.

That is what I bought, he just spat them out again.

So far the only thing that he eats is the red tetra prima food, the brown ones he leaves.I'll get him some bloodworm/ brine shrimp soon.

cocoa_pleco
03-04-2007, 04:29 PM
my betta eats anything but flakes. he likes krill, blood worm, pellets etc.

Betta_noob
03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Some bettas can be such finicky little brats >_>
I had one that refused to eat for a week cause nothing I gave him was good enough, that was veeery frustrating.

AquaQueen
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow I had kinda the opposite happen with my guy..he loves the flakes, krill, and planktin, at first he hated the lil sinking pellets but now he chomps them too...I guess I got lucky my guy is like a vacuum he eats whatever I drop in. Good Luck with your Fussy eater!

Willyleigh
03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Good news everyone, I tried him again with the betta flakes today and he ate them all, maybe he just didn't want to switch from the sinking pellets.

AquaQueen
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
That's cool ...Glad to hear you didn't waste your money.

Chrona
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Try some Hikari betta food. I've heard great things about them.

bettaboy691
03-05-2007, 10:34 PM
atleast he's eating, whatever foods it is.
pellets, flakes, bloodworms, krill, tetra prima, etc, all is good. vary his diet is possable, and give him one day off from food to let his body catch up.

cocoa_pleco
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Some bettas can be such finicky little brats >_>
I had one that refused to eat for a week cause nothing I gave him was good enough, that was veeery frustrating.

i had a few and i was like for craps sake eat, and they were super finicky